Does anyone play Rust?

Associate
Hello.

My brother plays this and i was thinking of buying it. Bit expensive on Steam and eve more on G2A but my brother assures me it is great but that I can expect to die a lot. haha.

What is OCUKs opinion of this game? Apparently the Devs are back working on it.

Caporegime
I honestly don't understand why anyone would play this.

You essentially need to be on playing 24/7 to protect your progress and stash, etc.

All for a virtual world which looks and plays like turd.

Alternatively you could learn the real life skills in the real world and put them to use and come away with real world cash for the same amount of time just more effort in terms of physicality.

As in why not put an ad up on gumtree as a handyman then just pretend it's a VR simulation of a handyman game and earn cash playing it?

Would be a far better real world simulator than RUST.

Associate

You essentially need to be on playing 24/7 to protect your progress and stash, etc.

Alternatively you could learn the real life skills in the real world and put them to use and come away with real world cash for the same amount of time just more effort in terms of physicality.

As in why not put an ad up on gumtree as a handyman then just pretend it's a VR simulation of a handyman game and earn cash playing it?

Why play any game in that case?

Although I do see your point in amongst the nonsense. Rust is one of those games you need to play all time or be teamed up with loads of people who are online a lot because you're going to get raided a lot!

You do spent a lot of time in Rust building your base up, only to have someone break in and steal all your loot while you're offline.

That said I normally play a few days in a row, leave it for a few months and then repeat the cycle. Each time with a new server and base.

Caporegime
Why play any game in that case?

Although I do see your point in amongst the nonsense. Rust is one of those games you need to play all time or be teamed up with loads of people who are online a lot because you're going to get raided a lot!

You do spent a lot of time in Rust building your base up, only to have someone break in and steal all your loot while you're offline.

That said I normally play a few days in a row, leave it for a few months and then repeat the cycle. Each time with a new server and base.

Because I play to enjoy the game to win. You can't win at rust.

A bit like a game if football. I play to win I may not win every game I play but at least the game is finished after the time is up and I can move on. I then only play games I enjoy which is why I don't play basketball.

Rust is just basically a waste of time doing stuff which imo is pretty boring. I have no idea why anyone likes it. Its literally just a waste of life. Games like this need regulated. It's not good for anyone's health being forced to play 24/7. Or as good as to be able to do what the game intends it to be.

Soldato
Rust is just basically a waste of time doing stuff which imo is pretty boring. I have no idea why anyone likes it. Its literally just a waste of life. Games like this need regulated. It's not good for anyone's health being forced to play 24/7. Or as good as to be able to do what the game intends it to be.

So why post here?

It's a waste of time in a place you never win and in all honesty, your time would be better spent out in the real world doing something useful.

The forums are a waste of life but it hasn't stopped your post count..

Caporegime
So why post here?

It's a waste of time in a place you never win and in all honesty, your time would be better spent out in the real world doing something useful.

The forums are a waste of life but it hasn't stopped your post count..

Yeah well someone has to post in this thread because anyone who plays rust doesn't have the time to do it.

Too busy cutting down trees with a rock. It's emberassing this is what gaming has become and the hygiene of people who play games like this is worse than those living in the slums of India, Africa and South America.

They should limit the amount of time you are allowed to be on a server for or something.

Associate

Because it makes the person happy.

I agree with your real world comment, and rust is a flawed concept

Associate
Rust is honestly one of the greatest games ever made. The open world freedom is incredible. It really is underappreciated mostly because new players get absolutely destroyed and stop playing after the first day. My advice is to find someone who is experienced in rust to play with.

Soldato
Yeah well someone has to post in this thread because anyone who plays rust doesn't have the time to do it.

Too busy cutting down trees with a rock. It's emberassing this is what gaming has become and the hygiene of people who play games like this is worse than those living in the slums of India, Africa and South America.

They should limit the amount of time you are allowed to be on a server for or something.

Dude, the popular servers have things like that sped up so there is much more time having fun fighting others than grinding for materials... You absolutely do not have to play 24/7 in rust to have great fun now.

Also these servers are not permanant worlds they reset really regularly, so there is less attachment to things because you know it can never last.

I watch my eldest playing this and there is much more frantic fun going on now than 24/7 grinding.... You're just basing the game on what it used to be not what it is now on these types of servers!

Soldato
It's emberassing this is what gaming has become and the hygiene of people who play games like this is worse than those living in the slums of India, Africa and South America.

When you're going to make stupid comments and judge those that do play such games it may be wise to make sure you're not embarrassing yourself while doing so.

Caporegime
Rust is honestly one of the greatest games ever made. The open world freedom is incredible. It really is underappreciated mostly because new players get absolutely destroyed and stop playing after the first day. My advice is to find someone who is experienced in rust to play with.

That was basically me and I binned it off.

Once the novelty of people running around in the buff wore off I realised it wasn't for me :p

Soldato
Bit of a bump but better than starting a new one. Any of you lot still playing this? Been trying to get back in recently but the solo experience just isn't the same, thought I'd see if any fancies jumping on a server?

Associate
Hello.

My brother plays this and i was thinking of buying it. Bit expensive on Steam and eve more on G2A but my brother assures me it is great but that I can expect to die a lot. haha.

What is OCUKs opinion of this game? Apparently the Devs are back working on it.

It's AR$ 439.99 on Steam in Argentina which is about £5.10 ;)

Back
Top Bottom