does God exist in space?

Permabanned
But a lot of Muslims say that their God is the same God as the one in Christianity and Judaism?

Im pretty sure that the ideology of God in those three religions is the same God but with different prophets.

What they say, and what they believe are different. As I have said to Adnan, Islamic interpretation of "God" is somewhat different from that of the other two Abrahamic faiths and while they accept Allah is the same God, their interpretation is more akin to the Hindu Brahman.

Permabanned
I don't think it is required to prove or disprove anything. I make no claims to be able to prove the xistence of God or disprove it, but I also don not make claims as absolute as "There is No God", if I did, then I would be required to show why I held that belief and if I stated it as a scientific fact, then I would be required to prove it scientifically also.

Yet you yourself have said on may occasions that those of a religious persuasion must prove their claims. Well, it that is the case, then the same is true of Atheist claims that God is not real.

No not really. Thats the same thing as saying that Scientists need to prove that Creationism isnt real before they dismiss it as a valid theory.

Just because someone thinks of something, has an idea or believes in something doesnt make it real, nor does it make it incorrect for someone to say that their ideas cant be real without evidence. That is enough basis to consider any such belief to be false.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They don't dismiss it and cerainly don't dismiss it as fact. They ignore it as it falls out side the scientific model. You are declaring it in a much different way as absolute fact, there for burden of prove lies with you. Just as on the opposite end of the spectrum burden of proof lies with the theist.

Permabanned
No not really. Thats the same thing as saying that Scientists need to prove that Creationism isnt real before they dismiss it as a valid theory.

Just because someone thinks of something, has an idea or believes in something doesnt make it real, nor does it make it incorrect for someone to say that their ideas cant be real without evidence. That is enough basis to consider any such belief to be false.

It makes it real to them, it is then up to the person saying different to prove why.

You can say "I don't believe it" without clarification, but you cannot say "You are wrong" without clarification why they are wrong.

Permabanned
It makes it real to them, it is then up to the person saying different to prove why.

But that is completely illogical. If theres absolutely no proof for something that you believe in the first place, then there is no need for a person who disbelieves in whatever it is to provide any reason for why they dont believe it.

Does a Christian need to give any evidence or proof that all the other religions and gods are false, and that their religion is the one true path to heaven and al the others will send you to hell? Or a Muslim?

What makes their religion or God any more believable or credible than all the others that they dont believe in?

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, for one thing Islam stays away from the term "God" specifically, Allah doesn't mean God in the way most people think, it comes form the word "elah" which is gender neutral and means "something that is worshipped"

The Qu'ran says:

"Say: He is Allah,
The One and Only.
"Allah, the Eternal, Absolute.
"He begets not, nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him."

(Sura 112.)

Islam is not like Christianity in granting Mankind the image of God, in Islam God is not an anthropomorphic entity, but an Absolute.

From a purely agnostic perspective the Islamic interpretation of "God" is (and do not take this the wrong way) very similar to the Hindu concept of Brahman in that both are supreme universal creation Godheads that are incomprehensible to Humans and cannot be seen, heard or thought about intelligibly and are the sum parts of the Universe and everything besides.

I have always found it quite ironic that Islam's "Allah" has more in common with Hindu's supreme Godhead than in either of the other Abrahamic interpretations of God even though Islam accepts that the Christian and Judaic Gods are Allah, but will not countenance the same form the Hindu Godhead, which predates all the others by thousands of years.

I think this has more to do with prevailing politics and cultural issues at Islam's inception than anything strictly religious though.

I agree with you, 'God' is not the accurate translation of 'Allah' but one I use more often then not because most people on these forums are not muslim.

Do you not think the Islamic and Jewish definition of God is far more alike?

I have come across some parts of the Hindu Scriptures which describe God and I agree with you that it fits in with the Islamic definition very strongly, more so then I had expected. Infact, if I remember correctly the verses were condemning making images or idols of God and yet this appears to be the picture most people get in their mind when thinking of Hinduism, as a religion of idolatory.

But a lot of Muslims say that their God is the same God as the one in Christianity and Judaism?

Im pretty sure that the ideology of God in those three religions is the same God but with different prophets.

They say that because the Islamic belief is that there is only One God, and those religions were from God because they are specifically mentioned by name. What is also mentioned is that God sent prophets and guidance to every nation and although the names of religions and the names of ALL the prophets are not mentioned, muslims rarely link their beliefs with other faiths apart from Christianity and Judaism.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It does in the sense of common biblical creationism that most people creationists believe, there are many different other types of creationism though.

Creationism is a very broad and immensely vast collection of ideas, most of which dont even come from anywhere within the bible.

These ideas are always incredibly lame, and are so absurd that it is bewildering to actually think that anyone could possibly believe that they are irrefutably true.

So can you prove to me that he Hindu God Brahman doesn't exist?

How many times do you religous retards need to be told.
It isn't our job to prove something isn't there because whatever we do you will come up with other rubbish.

Sorry to tell you but your magic man in the sky, imaginary friend, invisible force that you crap your pants if you displease it - Is not real.

For that reason, it does not exist in space either.

Permabanned
It isn't our job to prove something isn't there because whatever we do you will come up with other rubbish.

Yea exactly.

I believe that the universe and all life was created from a magical teapot during a tea party that was held in the middle of nowhere by a fairy and a pink unicorn.

If you cant disprove this, then my magical teapot is your God.

POB

POB

Soldato
Yea exactly.

I believe that the universe and all life was created from a magical teapot during a tea party that was held in the middle of nowhere by a fairy and a pink unicorn.

No its a magical coffee pot, I'm starting a holy war on you!

Soldato
Creationism is a very broad and immensely vast collection of ideas, most of which dont even come from anywhere within the bible.

These ideas are always incredibly lame, and are so absurd that it is bewildering to actually think that anyone could possibly believe that they are irrefutably true.

Yeah some of the stuff is absoulately ludicrous, funny that no matter how literally you take any scientific law/theory, the worst thing it can do is land you a good job. On the other hand when you take these ancient books and take them literally, you will lose your head quite quickly.

I want to see them take the rest of the bible literally, Romans 13:1, Levictus 19 and all those slavery endorsements etc.
People who say you should not care, of course I care about others. I believe that religion is seriously holding society back by quite a bit for pointless motive. Just look at Uganda, Kenya . Middle east etc.
This is a good video I found today.

Permabanned
How many times do you religous retards need to be told.

Sorry to tell you but your magic man in the sky, imaginary friend, invisible force that you crap your pants if you displease it - Is not real.

For that reason, it does not exist in space either.

A: I'm not religious.

B: I'm most certainly not a retard.

C: If you categorically state something, whether it be in the positive or negative then it is up to you to clarify your position, otherwise you belief has no more veracity than theirs.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Wikipedia has an interesting article, I never spotted this before, though it was last modified today so it seems pretty recent:

Atheism, in a broad sense, is the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[2] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[3] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[4][5] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[5][6]

The term atheism originated from the Greek ἄθεος (atheos), meaning "without god", which was applied with a negative connotation to those thought to reject the gods worshipped by the larger society. With the spread of freethought, skeptical inquiry, and subsequent increase in criticism of religion, application of the term narrowed in scope. The first individuals to identify themselves as "atheist" appeared in the 18th century.[7]

Atheists tend to lean toward skepticism regarding supernatural claims, citing a lack of empirical evidence. Atheists have offered several rationales for not believing in any deity. These include the problem of evil, the argument from inconsistent revelations, and the argument from nonbelief. Other arguments for atheism range from the philosophical to the social to the historical. Although some atheists have adopted secular philosophies,[8][9] there is no one ideology or set of behaviors to which all atheists adhere.[10]

In Western culture, atheists are frequently assumed to be exclusively irreligious or unspiritual.[11] However, atheism also figures in certain religious and spiritual belief systems, such as Jainism, Buddhism and Hinduism. Jainism and some forms of Buddhism do not advocate belief in gods,[12] whereas Hinduism holds atheism to be valid, but difficult to follow spiritually.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Interesting read that was :)

Permabanned
Yea exactly.

No, your magical teapot is not my God, it is yours. In the same way that a Muslims God is theirs not mine.

I don't accept that your magical teapot exists because you have not given me any reasons for its existence.

I need not prove or disprove it because while I don't accept it as my belief I accept that you have your reasons to believe and that because of those reasons (that you have not given) it may be real to you.

I am interested in your reasons for such a belief, your scriptures and doctrines and the etymology and historicity of your belief and how that relates to the Earth, Life and the Universe, if you wish to convert me then simply making a unfounded statement is not really going to work.

:p

Last edited:
Permabanned
No, your magical teapot is not my God, it is yours. I the same way that a Muslims God is theirs not mine.

I don't accept that your magical teapot exists because you have not given me any reasons for its existence.

I need not prove or disprove it because while I don't accept it as my belief I accept that you have your reasons to believe and that because of those reasons (that you have not given) it may be real to you.

I am interested in your reasons for such a belief, your scriptures and doctrines and the etymology and historicity of your belief and how that relates to the Earth, Life and the Universe, if you wish to convert me then simply making a unfounded statement is not really going to work.

:p

Ok, you are just confused :)

But if you dont believe in any deities or gods, then doesnt that make you an atheist? :p

Back
Top Bottom