does God exist in space?

Soldato
We don't know. We can't prove he does, we can't prove he doesn't, so until we can, he must exist in both "there" and "not there" states.

Last edited:
Soldato
The earth isn't a circle though, it's a sphere. So he was wrong as well. :D

Hebrew word for circle is 'chuwg' (H2329)

image.cfm

Edited to say - taken from Gesenius's lexicon

Associate
Really?

Written at least 2500 years ago

Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

How about this classic

Ecclesiastes 1:5
The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.

But back to quote in hand

It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in

This is a translation, King James bible was "translated" in 1611 it had been established world wasnt flat then. What the above passage relates to is Chuwq which often comes up in the bible and means heaven. However, thats not what the word means, it could mean encompassed or circle. The translation of the bible puts it as circle, when the meaning is heaven so it could read

It is he who sits above in the heaven of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in.

Soldato
Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

How about this classic

Ecclesiastes 1:5
The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.

With regards to the first verse, sorry I've blatently copied this from here but was better put than I'd already written:-

Some Bible critics have claimed that Revelation 7:1 assumes a flat earth since the verse refers to angels standing at the “four corners” of the earth. Actually, the reference is to the cardinal directions: north, south, east, and west. Similar terminology is often used today when we speak of the sun's rising and setting, even though the earth, not the sun, is doing the moving. Bible writers used the “language of appearance,” just as people always have. Without it, the intended message would be awkward at best and probably not understood clearly

Probably answers both verses.

Bit off topic, sorry about that.

To the OP - God's influence isn't restricted to earth as the bible clearly states He is in heaven but also omnipresent. The devil is not omnipresent.

Some interesting articles going around lately, one by Berean Call. I wouldn't begin to argue for/against it, just interesting reading.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
All the scriptures i have read only mention. Heaven, earth and hell. Surely jesus would have told his desciples about the concept of space and stuff

So how about the heavens (different usage to the heaven) and aliens like angles.

gensis also talks about making the sun, moon and stars.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Probably answers both verses.

In that link...from the not at all unbiased christian answers website ;) , they say "actually, the reference is to ...". Interesting use of the word, actually.

Do they explain how it is that they know , "actually" rather than assuming, what the writers meant?

Back
Top Bottom