Does Marmite ever go off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capodecina
Soldato
So I found a jar of Marmite in this building, the use by date says March 2010, but it smells and looks absolutely fine. Think it'll be OK to eat?

Soldato
I've never come across out-of-date marmite. Or noticed it. I had a big jar with a broken lid though, and that never went "off".

Soldato
I wouldn't risk it. Not because of any inherent problem with the shelf life but because it's vile glop. :)

I remember going on a tour of the Tetley brewery and being told that some of the waste yeast goes into marmite. It seemed very apropriate.

Soldato
I have some unopened gold marmite from last christmas. It will be fine for a few years yet.

I have been eating marmite for 50+ years and do not recall ever seeing mould forming on it.

My Mum used to work in A&E, and had to book a gentleman in who had suffered at the hands of his friends whilst passed out.

They had dropped his nuts individually into a Marmite jar, which of course worked fine. However, there was no way he could remove them together due to their combined width and the constraint of the jar neck.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to help admittedly, but I'd just go and buy some new Marmite given it's small cost. I would however recommend not placing your testicles in the empty jar, as above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom