Does the Nikon D7100 still hold up in 2021?

Associate
Hey all!

I'm looking to expand my horizons in photography and push into Wildlife and Sports photography rather than landscapes.

To do that, I need to purchase a longer zoom lens as currently the max my lenses go up to are 120mm.

Would you recommend buying a new camera whilst I'm in the market for a lens? Or is the D7100 still capable compared to brand new cameras enough that I can just buy a lens and use it with my current kit?

Let me know your thoughts!
Cheers

Associate
OP
Ah that's an interesting link, thank you very much!

Was sort of planning a 300mm so the two options there look suitable. From what I can tell, it's just a case of VR would be permanently on the whole time? And the camera would need to be on the latest firmware too?

Soldato
d7100 is still good.

next body upgrade should be to mirrorless though so if you dont have many DSLR lenses it might be worth switching now rather than later but that is my opinion

Associate
OP
d7100 is still good.

next body upgrade should be to mirrorless though so if you dont have many DSLR lenses it might be worth switching now rather than later but that is my opinion

Thanks very much for the tip! If there was a mirrorless camera that was an equivalent to a D7100, what do you think it'd be? By equivalent i'm meaning cost wise similar (new vs new) mid-range sort of one

Soldato
Thanks very much for the tip! If there was a mirrorless camera that was an equivalent to a D7100, what do you think it'd be? By equivalent i'm meaning cost wise similar (new vs new) mid-range sort of one

Nikon Z5 from einfinity for £869 ( they are a grey dealer but are legit and give 1 year warranty )

Back
Top Bottom