Does this take some beating?

Soldato
On the subject of external storage and if money were no object the most impressive setup I have seen in a long time is Drobo

Here

Anyone any views on the above

Soldato
OP
Faustus said:
On the subject of external storage and if money were no object the most impressive setup I have seen in a long time is Drobo

Here

Anyone any views on the above

Is there only me that has heard of this marvel, is no one interested in HD storage anymore, or is no one participating on these forums any longer? There could have course be an alternative explanation given the time of year - everyones sat drinking lager in Benidorm :eek:

Soldato
OP
Hmm! pity that as it does look the business. What are peoples views on external drives i.e. to just have the blank storage and use a 3rd party backup utility like Acronis, or to use some of the latest drives where a pre-installed utility like Memeo automatically takes care of all your backup worries. I've noticed the newer type appear to start up when the PC starts up and shuts down when the PC shuts down and backs up in real time in the background only changing files as you change them.

Man of Honour
Personally I don't see the point in real time backups, it's just RAID1 by another name and does absolutely nothing to prevent human error. You have backups for two reasons 1) to recover from hardware failure and 2) to recover from when you overwrite your CV.

Back
Top Bottom