Domain account keeps locking itself out.....and unlocking....

Soldato
OP
I have asked her if she has tied her email to her phone and she assures me she hasn't.

It could be Exchange/Outlook, however I've already rebuilt her Exzchange profile once to check.

I literally notice it happening within about 10 mins of her being logged in so it could be related to Outlook. I'm going to go take a look in a sec but it must be some software/service on that specific machine as she has been over at our other office this morning and logged on through terminal services and isn't having a problem!

Last edited:
Associate
I have asked her if she has tied her email to her phone and she assures me she hasn't.

It could be Exchange/Outlook, however I've already rebuilt her Exzchange profile once to check.

I literally notice it happening within about 10 mins of her being logged in so it could be related to Outlook. I'm going to go take a look in a sec but it must be some software/service on that specific machine as she has been over at our other office this morning and logged on through terminal services and isn't having a problem!

you could also try logging in to her machine with another user account to see if this gets locked out? Let me know how you get on.

Soldato
We are only a small organisation with about 40 users. Historically we've only had 1 DC in the server farm but it's been on my list of things to do for a while but it's not a priority at the moment.

I'm trying to iron out some other issues before I deploy a second DC.

A dc will take an hour to build, including installing the OS. You should move it up your list of priorities!

As for the account lockouts- what's the frequency of the lockout?

Associate
Sorry, not read all of this so if it has been answered all ready, oh well.

Make sure the user is not using a mobile with owa or some exchange access and it has an old password trying to connect thus causing it to lock itself.

Soldato
OP
Well the funny thing is is that it hasn't happened since I did some 'fiddling', not quite sure what has rectified the issue though haha. Will keep my fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.

Back
Top Bottom