• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

Dom's Training Log

Associate
OP
They they felt great today. It's weird but my stance used to be much narrower but since starting lifting heavy again I've had to go much wider and found that I get a lot more power out of it. Weird.

Soldato
Really nice form Dom looking nice on the pause reps there.

On the stance width/power comment, isn't power only reduced when your brining your legs/knees inside your feet? From the looks of your lifts your legs are nicely over the centre of your feet so no reason you should lose any power there.

What's your record target?

Associate
OP
Nope, it depends on a lot of things. For example, overall flexibility in those ranges, cross sectional area of muscle involved, elasticity of tissue in the relevant position, etc.

I'm not losing any power, I'm saying I'm more powerful.

The british record 192.5kg so that is the goal for this year :).

Associate
OP
Deadlift
5x60kg
3x100kg
3x120kg
6x2x140kg

Pullups
3x8xBW

SALM Press
10x10kg
3x8x20kg

Face Pulls
10x80lbs
3x15x100lbs

30 Degree Raise
3x10x15lbs

Pallof Press
2x8xhorizontal and vertical
8xhorizontal only

Did a load of other core stuff today. Gonna hurt tomorrow :D.

Man of Honour
It means he's growing Type IIX man fibres rather than pussy Type Is

That any clearer :p

Also, I post setxrep structures like that all the time, someone isn't paying attention ;)

Man of Honour
Yes, but typically hypertrophy rep ranges are 8-12 reps with short rests which targets metabolic factors. This induces faster growth, but not of the type IIX fibres.

It's not really something you need to worry about.

Caporegime
Yes, but typically hypertrophy rep ranges are 8-12 reps with short rests which targets metabolic factors. This induces faster growth, but not of the type IIX fibres.

It's not really something you need to worry about.

Not worrying, just curious as to why he was doing those rep/set ranges as it seemed odd :) I'm greedy really....I just want to learn everything in life

I would have presumed it was for strength, but I'm guessing due to the extra sets it's hitting on the verge of hypertrophy but not in a standard-hypertrophy way? Or whatever the word is for 'the pump' :p

Man of Honour
No :p

It is hypertrophy, just not stimulated by metabolic factors.

"The pump" is an entirely separate concept, but it is often associated with higher rep ranges.

Man of Honour
It's very advanced and isn't likely to affect your training (which is what I meant when I said "don't worry about it"). Your time would be better spent researching and practising other things.

edit: sorry if that sounds patronising, it really isn't meant to be. This kind of stuff is only really worth knowing at high levels of strength and conditioning coaching.

Caporegime
It's very advanced and isn't likely to affect your training (which is what I meant when I said "don't worry about it"). Your time would be better spent researching and practising other things.

edit: sorry if that sounds patronising, it really isn't meant to be. This kind of stuff is only really worth knowing at high levels of strength and conditioning coaching.

No that's fine :) But then that's why I would like to understand it I guess, so when I get to that point, I won't be at a loss for what to do.

ANYWAY! Kinda hijacking Doms log here (Sorry chap :p)

Back
Top Bottom