Done Codecademy, what now?

Suspended
OP
There is a popular course on Udemy you might be interested in where you build 14 websites. its £157 but you can use the coupon code - SUMMER1001
and get it for £8

https://www.udemy.com/complete-web-developer-course/?dtcode=wclz7LB2ZqaO

Just a quick update, this course is bloody brilliant. I've learned tons already and it's good fun too. It's not daunting, the lecturer explains things very well without dwelling on topics for too long. He does occasionay use phrases / terminology which I have to google as I don't know what he's talking about but this is very rare and it only takes a couple of seconds to find out. Best £8 I've ever spent.

Soldato
I've had that for a while and really need to delve in. If anyone's interested he has an Android M development course up on Kickstarter right now. £15 will get you the Android M course released in October and 2 of his other courses (which I believe are the web developer course, an apple watch course and an iOS 8 course). Less than two hours to go though!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Javascript/JQuery are fairly ingrained into a hell of a lot of web development these days so its almost mandatory to learn those alongside HTML/CSS.

Plus with the massive libraries of code around for Javascript/JQuery you can do all sorts of cool stuff really easily.

Caporegime
I've had that for a while and really need to delve in. If anyone's interested he has an Android M development course up on Kickstarter right now. £15 will get you the Android M course released in October and 2 of his other courses (which I believe are the web developer course, an apple watch course and an iOS 8 course). Less than two hours to go though!

if you want android courses then take a look at udacity too... there are a bunch of them created by google and available for free

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I don't feel confident in my HTML abilities at all

Find a non-ecommerce website you like the look of and recreate it.

When you can do that, move onto something else. Although you might find you can't get a lot of the effects done without Jqeury, PHP, Ajax etc.

Suspended
OP
Cheers all.

Tonight I decided to take this a bit more seriously, so I scrambled all my unused tech and stuff around the house and built a little desky study thingy.

i3 3220, 4gb ram, 750ti, 80gb SSD and a 2tb HDD. Nothing flash but it suits this purpose perfectly.

Time to take this learning to a whole new level. Next stop, degree :D

nWOJ0lNh.jpg

Associate
Are there any working codes for the Udemy course? All the ones above have now expired :(

EDIT: just found KEEPCOOL1110 which takes it down to £8 :D Its valid til 29/7/15 if anyone else is interested

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do these courses run for x amount of time it do you just work through them?

That Python/Ruby one and the other course about Ruby on Rails are of interest to me.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The courses are video based, not like the Code Academy and Code School type stuff. So they are basically video tutorials broken down explained like a university lecture.

Soldato
What is the better starting point for html/css...the Udemy bundle or codcademy. Have people tried both and which would you recommend? As nice as Treehouse is I don't really like it so want to try a different one.

Soldato
I've done codecademy, I enjoyed it, its great depending on which course chapter was written by who. some of the teachers are great, others not so. Lots of practical exercises.

I've a Lynda bundle through work and despite the 4 hour bootstrap videos taking me about 10 hours (family and distractions) I really enjoyed it but you don't really do a lot, it's more watching.

Udemy I've not tried, but, I've come across this which so far seems pretty decent:
http://www.freecodecamp.com/

Soldato
I've done codecademy, I enjoyed it, its great depending on which course chapter was written by who. some of the teachers are great, others not so. Lots of practical exercises.

I've a Lynda bundle through work and despite the 4 hour bootstrap videos taking me about 10 hours (family and distractions) I really enjoyed it but you don't really do a lot, it's more watching.

Udemy I've not tried, but, I've come across this which so far seems pretty decent:
http://www.freecodecamp.com/

Great cheers mate, I'll check that out

Back
Top Bottom