Don't get burgled!

Soldato
About time we started dealing with burglars ourselves then ;) Without getting arrested that is.. if they're going to cut down then they will have to change a few self-defence laws but I doubt that is going to happen.

Associate
When Gerri Halliwell got burgled and the burglar had left the police sent 7 cars round immediately.
The police said at the time it was the normal response to a domestic burglary.

It is if you're a spice girl.

Soldato
And the Police wonder why the public no longer trusts them?

Laughable.

I don't think it's their fault if they are genuinely strapped for cash and can't afford to employ more officers. I think only the dodgiest OCUK members wouldn't want a return to having a local bobby, but I can see how this would be horribly expensive in today's money.

Community officers are in my opinion a waste of time.

Man of Honour
Can't see it happening. It's just a load of posturing about job cuts, trying to get more loot for the boys in blue. Maybe they'll start doing a bit of burglary... :p

Underboss
Reasonable force, that in itself is a bit vague. What is reasonable to me, in the heat of the moment might not seem reasonable to a judge who has never been in that situation.

We had the same rubbish in the HMPS, what we would see as reasonable, our governors saw as more "force than was required"

Man of Honour
Not without risking being arrested and prosecuted (and convicted if the jury doesn't like the cut of your gib) you can't.

I haven't heard of many people being sent to prison for defending themselves in their homes. I'm sure it happens.

I would suspect that if you catch someone more often than not if unarmed will just try and escape run away, and most people will just want to make sure they and their families are safe.

If the person is armed, if they are spooked they will still try and bolt, but they will use the weapon to intimidate you not to call the police etc...

I have no idea how I'd react, but I'm hugely defensive of loved ones etc... and I fear I may see the red mist descend quite quickly which would be bad news as we all make bad decisions when irrationally aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom