Doom VFR

Asa

Asa

Associate
That £10 listing does say it comes out on PC-DVD, in the year 2030. Still, can't go far wrong for a tenner I guess.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Finally got around to not just installing the VR mod, but also sorting the HD textures and the ability to use my mouse and keyboard.
By default, the mouse has a deadzone in your frontal vision, which personally I hated. Turns out that the deadzone can be removed by editing the "deadzoneyaw" value to zero in the CFG file that has been created in your users save game folder.
So looks awesome and whilst a little nauseating, plays great.

One caveat, don't have "haptic" feedback of your better half come over and poke you whilst playing. That really made me jump.

Associate
OpenVR my arse, not working on my Rift, getting a black screen and crash to desktop, I was really wasn’t expecting this. Exclusivity on PC should NOT be acceptable, and that goes for Oculus as well.
I have no issue with store exclusivity, why give a 3rd party money to sell your product when you can make your own client, but locking out other users because they own an other peripheral is a disgraceful act, we’re not gaming on consoles for this very reason. In order for VR to truly take off, this kind of crap needs to stop, and that goes for oculus too.

Edit:
An update to the SteamVR Beta notes “added placeholder hidden area mesh for Rift users as a work around for Doom VFR and other titles experiencing launch issues.” We’re frankly not sure what that means, but it suggests the failure of Doom VFR to launch on Rift is a temporary bug and not related to the ZeniMax lawsuit.

Last edited:

Asa

Asa

Associate
nah, not been dispatched yet, but they are preparing.
Mine has been dispatched, to arrive tomorrow. I'm worried that an actual disc will arrive, and I'll have to figure out what to do with it :confused:

I'll update here if nobody gets it sooner!

Back
Top Bottom