• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Doom Vulkan vs Open GL performance

Permabanned
This is just a test performance.I will post more later.

This on GTX 980 Ti on 1440p (DSR),TXAA 8x, Nightmare settings.

Open GL

3b839d098f.jpg

Vulkan

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
What issues would that be?

Edit
O you mean the Frame rate on Tomb Raider? Well that was because his software he was using wasn't reading the games FPS correct under DX12. The end results was correct am lead to believe.
The Doom bench above is completely different because the frame rate you seeing is direct from the game itself.

Well i can say that maxwell is getting good gains on Vulkan even Pascal as well.

https://youtu.be/OeRcPZS27Wk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbvjFOjE_A0

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1245006&page=6

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/doom-...-vulkan-versus-opengl-performance-comparison/

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
No stuttering here at all with Vulkan. Now uploading a vid to show performance and very very impressed. Nightmare settings at 1440P and the game flies along. Not a single gripe in the short time I have played it.

on 1080p my performance improved around 20% and on 1440p it is 15%. I did not try 4k yet.

Really Nvidia has not forgotten Maxwell yet.

Permabanned
OP
Something not right there. I am getting far superior performance to that FuryX in that video with a FuryPro. I'd also like to see 1440p, since I believe Nvidia hardware are seeing gains in 1080p only on high end cards due to cpu bottlenecks.

Is this true computerbase are using still frames as benchmark results? Where has this been documented?

Because both are getting hit in performance due to recording ,which is around 10%. I do not remember but i think it was Mirror Edge 2 benchmark ,which they did around 20 secs of benchmark for each card.

However, unlike all websites computerbase never tells or show how or where they did the benchmark ,which makes their benchmark quiet irrelevant .

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Not exactly. If people are going to make claims about testing methods they should know by now on this site you'll be pulled up about it for not providing a source ;)

I do not know ,however, i tried to lower my clocks of GTX 980 Ti and memory but still i cannot reach the lower performance of Computerbase.

You can make a video and i will post it with the same method as yours to prove that Computerbase benchmark is totally BS like they did with Mirror Edge 2.

Permabanned
OP
Sure. Out of curiosity do you get an increase at 1440p and 4k as well with Vulkan?

Also Gregster if your out there I wouldn't mind if you tried again at 1080p, even if your gtx 1080 will be too strong for the game at the res I'm pretty sure you will get higher fps.

Yes i do ,however, one thing i put on note is that on SMAA i lose around 10% of performance compare to TSSAA on Vulkan.

Permabanned
OP
How much more roughly? I'm getting some nice gains across the board. I warn you the Fury is going to be tough to beat at 1440p and 4k :) .

Edit: Btw with AMD cards you need TSSAA for Vulkan to work so maybe that's your problem too.

Max is around 15% on 1440p and on 1080p it is like 20% max.

Permabanned
OP
Haha exactly the increase I posted about 4k, 37 - 52fps. I'm sure I can get to 60 by enabling the shaders and a small oc.

Also it's as I suspected that the high end Nvidia cards are seeing more cpu bottleneck at 1080p, which is why they don't see much gain after this.

Curious as to why the Fury's are not much ahead of the 390's. 4gb?

When you are posting the video. It will be really fun to benchmark.

Back
Top Bottom