Downgrading sound

Soldato
OP
I'm liking the look of the Cambridge audio minx so going to ask if the have any I can try. Will the bass management accommodate so many different speakers?

Man of Honour
Going to take the soundbar back. With not having the mic to set up I can't tell if it will fill the room with sound like my 5.1 does.
Does anyone have any opinions on some small discrete speakers so I can have 4 rears

Monitor Audio Radius 45 - 4"x4"x5" or 100mm x 100mm x 125mm, so very small, and they have an addition rear-firing tweeter to create a more diffuse effect than a standard speaker. £199/pr

Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro - basically a 4" sphere £149ea so £300/pr

Cambridge Audio Minx Mini12 - and 80mm cube using a single BMR driver £70ea so £140/pr

Soldato
OP
Monitor Audio Radius 45 - 4"x4"x5" or 100mm x 100mm x 125mm, so very small, and they have an addition rear-firing tweeter to create a more diffuse effect than a standard speaker. £199/pr

Cambridge Audio Minx Mini12 - and 80mm cube using a single BMR driver £70ea so £140/pr
Just looking at the Cambridge Mini12 and think I'm going to try a pair and see how they are. I can always try them on front duties while I have them

Soldato
OP

I could try the logitech sats but I think they are 4ohm, will this cause me much issue with the yamaha 1073?

Associate
What about the B&W M1's? They look like quite a decent option and one I also considered before downgrading further still.

I recently downgraded from a Nakamichi amp and Ruark speakers to a Denon Heos soundbar for very similar reasons. I won't pretend for a second that it's a comparable sound however it's very discrete, out of the way of the kids and the missus loves it. It's a bit unfair to compare the 2 systems as they're nothing like each other however a new place and new baby dictated that the old system was no longer suitable. There are times I miss it however I am also able to forget about the difference when watching a film... most of the time. Overall I don't absolutely regret it unlike when I switched from a projector to a TV again....thankfully back with a new projector as of this week again though. :)

Soldato
OP
Got a pair of Cambridge audio Mini12 to try out for the next week so I'll set them up later.
How does 7.1 work in 5.1? Do the back and sides output the same sounds?

Back
Top Bottom