Dragon Age:inquisition

Torn between this and GTA5 on my PS4. Thoughts? Loved DA1

I was stupid and brought both gta and tgis a day apart and now have to keep decideing which one to put time into! if you played gta last gdn i would go for this first, i played it on ps3 so some of the original draw has gone for me!

For combat, i wasnt feeling it to start with but have started to get into it more and more now. I was never a fan on skyrim combat mind so cant speak for comparisons, just felt like blindly swinging a sword if i recall, its been a while though!

I prefer Skyrim's personally (though its hardly perfect) in which I felt I was a bit more in control of what I was doing.. I have always gone for being an archer, and found shooting quite satisfying, whereas this is just infinite button pressing. They are just different system so I guess I'll just have to get used it.

I could list a shedload that look better than this game :p

Yes, me too...

The game is pretty, and there are a few moments that make you stop and take it all in, but overall the visuals are a bit cartoony and certainly 'last gen'... the animation is lacking too.

Assassins Creed Unity and GTA5 both look far better than this, and offer large open worlds.

I'm not going to give up on this game, as clearly loads of people are loving it, so I must give it more time and get used to the way the works... this is my first Dragon Age game, which doesn't help.

Can you lock the target onto one mob when fighting? Noticing when a lot going on my target switches on its own when someone breaks the line of sight or gets close..

Question about Hissing Wastes skulls

I can only find 6/8 shards and the other two are not showing on the map which means I've missed an oculus somewhere. Or it's a bug...

EDIT: Found it. Right at the flippin' beginning. :D

Last edited:
OK, next question.

I've got a Spirit Rune which adds spirit damage to each weapon strike. But what the devil is spirit damage? It's not as self-explanatory as fire or ice damage. Which enemies are most vulnerable to spirit damage?

EDIT: It seems spirit is the elemental opposite to electricity, so as fire and ice counter each other so do spirit and electricity. Red Templars are vulnerable to it.

Last edited:
Ok I give up on trying to make a good looking female so after a week of trying I just made a male lol.
This game is huge spent 3 hours in the starter zone never mind the hinterlands.
Combat is a tab boring hopefully get better with more spells.

Anyone had it where the game crashes to dashboard when on a mission? Happened twice now. (Xbone)

I've had a couple of crashes - one when I was kissing Dorian ;) - and that was a cutscene and another when I resumed from standby and started to play again. Otherwise it's been pretty robust and I'm coming up to 100 hours.

Back
Top Bottom