Draining my system...

Soldato
Hi again :D

So tomorrow I will be plodding on with Project ES, I have methods to drain my system, I was just curious about the water that will be left in my blocks.

Is there a method to drain the absolute most out of my system?

Just a little worried that for example when I disconnect the tubing going from my CPU block to the first GPU block, a little water will be left in a block that could potentially drip on to some vitals.

Just De-Ionised with additives in at the moment.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about a little dripping, if your paranoid, you could use a carrier bag? or some paper towels, or just waggle your case around to get the fluid out as much as you can :)

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't worry about a little dripping, if your paranoid, you could use a carrier bag? or some paper towels, or just waggle your case around to get the fluid out as much as you can :)

The simple things I constantly manage to over look in a paranoid haze :p

Will running the pump (D5 vario) with no fluid in the system damage it? Just to give gravity a helping hand.

Associate
Lots of paper towels to be safe. Im new to this as well but have drained my loop a few times now because i can't leave things alone. Just make sure that you empty the highest item first - in my case it was the radiator. And lots of leaning the case every which way to get as much out as possible. I have it down to a fine art now :p And as i have learned today - if you change the colour in the future make sure you get all the previous dye out or you end up with Mayhems Ice White that looks like strawberry milkshake!!! :D Won't be a problem changing from your DI this time though.

Don't run the pump with no fluid! Will kill it. Gravity actually works really well.

Soldato
don't run your pump with no fluid, it will damage it imo

^^ you don't empty from the highest point, you empty from the lowest point, which depending on your build and layout should be either graphics card, or the pump :)

Associate
I mean making sure stuff is empty at the highest point. Sorry i wasn't clear. OP trying to get as much out as possible without spillage. Yes quite correct you drain from lowest point.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, lowest point will be the outlet running from GPU to rad, has around 8" of hose on it too so I can be damn sure its the lowest thing in the loop :D

Would adding pressure to the inlet be a good idea? i.e. blowing down the intake side to push more out?

Back
Top Bottom