Dreamcast!!

Associate
Fantastic Console, might pick buy one again.

Check out

Virtual On
Grandia 2
Zombie Revenge (cross between Final Fight + House of the Dead)
Seamen
Capcom vs SNK
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Sega Marine Fishing

There are loads of games I can't remember.

Soldato
budge1972 said:
Tekken 3,gran turismo 2 and metal gear solid were amazing on the dreamcast
i still have all my old dc stuff and will never part with it.

There's a lot of sarcasm in that post, or someone has got the wrong console :D

As for visuals in comparison to the PS2, i'd say at the time the DC was just a little bit better mainly down to the sharpness and crispness as mentioned above. DOA2 was a prime example of this if you watched them side by side on DC and PS2. I'd say PS2 visuals can now top what the DC could do, but afterall its had a fair few more years development. It would have been nice to have seen if the DC could have chucked out something like God of War.

Soldato
melchy said:
There's a lot of sarcasm in that post, or someone has got the wrong console :D

I think he was fishing for someone to say what you just said so he could sound clever ;) . It was possible to play them on a DC, not sure how legal the method was though!

Permabanned
Bleem on the DC was released in a few different versions, which played one specific game only. Those games IIRC were as mentioned above: GT 2, Tekken 3 and MGS :) I played GT 2 on my Dreamcast a few years ago and it was surprisingly good - and looked better than the PS version due to the higher resolution.

Man of Honour
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, best fighting game ever :D Capcom vs SNK was RUBBISH to marvel vs capcom 2, just, no way!

Yep, I was an akuma bandit.

Otherwise, Ecco the Dolphin, which hasn't been mentioned. Really hard, the first 5 levels are a bit 'exhausting' but then it really picks up. Amazing.

Erm, Shenmue 1+2, the sonic adventure games were 'ok', resident evil code veronica is a monster (a lot of backtracking spoilt it slightly, more so than the other 'evil' games) but well worth it!

Virtua tennis 1 +2 were amazing. House of the dead 2 and gun for some great blasting action :D

MSR is prject gotham 1 if I remmember correctly? Tony Hawks 2 is also a fantastic game, stolen hours of my life.

I would buy all those mentioned above without thought.

Permabanned
Goatboy said:
I really don't think of the Dreamcast as retro, compare Soul Calibur to Soul Calibur 2 on the PS2 and the difference whilst there isn't notable.

Some other cross platform games were as good or better on the DC as well. eg. Dead or Alive 2, F355 Challenge, Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 :)

Associate
bleemcast.jpg

bleem_mgs-front.jpg

FC_862_L.JPG

only 3 games were officially released
Later a dodgy version appeared on the net that ran a lot of dc games but very buggy
I can safely say the 3 major releases were flawless but took a whole memory card per game for gamesaves

Soldato
omg I payed almost £500 for a Japan Dreamcast so I could play it a year before anyone else to see them going for £13 kinda makes me feel sick hehe but if I could go back in time I'd buy the Dreamcast over the PS2 everytime even though it had less power than the GameCube and PS2 I had no idea how they made the Graphics look so much better than anything on them consoles weird.

Associate
yep i got mine two days after it was launched in Japan , came with vf3tb and the sublime and crazy penpen tri icelon.Not long after that came the mighty soul calibur which i paid around sixty quid for

Them were the days :)

Soldato
Nismo said:
Not sure what your saying there, I didnt mean that the DC was on the same kind of level as the GC, just that its graphics had a similar style - crisp, bright and vibrant.

TBH after a year of owning a GC I thought about it doing a Dreamcast but it didn't :D Sucked cause I brought a DC right before they announced they was stopping it lol

Back
Top Bottom