dreamfall:the longest journey...

Soldato
anyone got this game and have got it installed on vista ?
having trouble with this game on vista 32 bit.
something to do with starforce software.

From experiance, uninstall the game. uninstall the starforce drivers.
then, install the game again, then download the new starforce drivers from the website.
that should do the trick.

thanks for th reply m8,i think i must be stupid but i haven't got a clue what starforce drivers to install and where abouts on there website they are.
if you could post the link to the download section that would be superb m8.
many thanks
mark

it still didnt work.
i got this error message....
Download updates for StarForce Protection driver

This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between this version of Windows and this version of StarForce Protection driver. This program was created by StarForce Technologies

I did get it working on Vista. I was using the Collectors Edition which has TLJ with it. In addition to downloading the latest StarForce drivers I had to contact their support and obtain a key. It was prompting me for a CD key and they appear not to have shipped one.

Not on my Vista PC now, but I'll try and dig out some links since I remember posting about it at the time.

best thing to do is to google "dreamfall starforce problem" or "dreamfall starforce 'enter error message' "

I have had to do this with 2 games of the g/fs. found a solution very quickly for both.

Just noticed you've posted on the official forums as well. Make sure you run the game as 'administrator'. You may only need to do this the first time.
ive done this but still no luck.
btw...good work sherlock for seeing me on there forums....lol
all it says is for me to contact customer support with error code 2.
i really hate these type of game's you have to spend so much time setting up.....this game better be worth it in the end.

Starforce can be a real pain,I had a nightmare with it when installing and attempting to play Prince Of Persia The Two Thrones,eventually found a starforce uninstall ulitility on the starforce web page,used it and all was well.

I'm hoping Starforce is a thing of the past as far as new games are concerned,I haven't encountered it for a while,then again I haven't bought many recent games,is it still used?

Not much help to you I know, but I bought the game on Steam ages ago. The Steam version doesn't contain the starforce protection, so will work without issues on any version of Vista.

OK. Back on my Vista machine and dug out the emails. This is what I sent to empire support:
I've just installed the Limited Edition of Dreamfall on my PC - bought from
<high street retailer that I'm not allowed to mention on OCUK> recently. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium. After installing it,
and updating the Starforce drivers, I get a 'Failed to identify the disc'
error message and a prompt to retry or enter a CD key. There appears to be
no CD key on the case, DVD or Manual.
They sent me back a CD key to enter and I've had no problems since then. Just about to upgrade my system though so I'll reinstall it in a couple of weeks and see if it all still works.

ive got it working at last,had to install and uninstall 3 time's with that starfox thingy.
all seems good now and im looking forward to a few hours playing the game.
many thanks for your support m8.

I had an odd problem with this; when I saved and quit on Vista it would load again from about a half hour earlier, for no apparent reason! Very annoying-thankfully I had already completed it once on XP!!!

Back
Top Bottom