Driving a lamborghini huracan with no MOT!

Associate
TLDR

in the event of my car failing it's MOT, my insurance company invalidates my insurance unless I am driving too or from garage to either re-test or put the car on the drive. I have to have an appointment at the garage documented in the event I am stopped.

Also, I have sent an email alert up on the .gov site to tell me when my MOT is about to run out.

regarding ANPR - a mate of mine drove his VW camper for 5 months, every day, with no MOT (he forgot it had expired) only found out when the garage called him to tell him it was out of date. Better late than never.

Soldato
Thats basically is like a green light to just not bother with the MOT :/

What is your solution and how do you pay for it?

Apparently if they are in a "dangerous state", i.e window smashed and glass everywhere. They are a lot more hot on it due to health and safety ;)

Indeed. There's a lot of ways to work the system as long as you are willing to take the risk to make things happen. A lot of people expect the police to send in 4 officers and immediately clear up a mess within 20 minutes of their emergency 999 call "omg theres a car with no MOT on my street don't you know who I am I'm a tax paying person of great stature I pay police wages why should I obey the law when others don't."

These same people would never have the stones to break the law to find out why they should.

Associate
OP
Working on my car and guess who I hear driving like and idiot behind the police station and Infront of the school lol.

Turns out you don't need an mot for supercar I guess :)

Commissario
Interestingly I've just had mine MOT'd, got home with the certificate and the website hasn't updated so...guess some people are right and wrong in this thread ;)

Man of Honour
For the record had my vehicle MOT'd today and it took around 5 minutes from being told it had passed/certificate available to the website updating - maybe a little longer but was certainly not instantly instant if you know what I mean.

Soldato
Mine and our lasses insurance explicitly state that without a valid MOT the insurance will not be valid in the event of an accident.
But i guess it still shows the car as being insured while driving about. The police will still pull you however for no valid MOT. And will most likely have to provide proof that you are on your way to the MOT test centre otherwise it will likely be seized.

Caporegime
I wonder if the police pnc updates instantly but public websites don't?
I don’t think it does, when I bought my Focus I insured it at the dealers by phone and drove it back from Chester to Stoke, about a week later I got a letter from Staffordshire Police advising me that driving without insurance was an offence etc, I called the number on the letter to explain that the car was insured and was told it’s a letter generated by an automated system that flags up any uninsured cars when they pass an ANPR camera and not to worry about it because the system takes a while to update which in fairness it mentioned in the letter that if I had recently purchased and insured the vehicle to disregard the letter.

Soldato
What is your solution and how do you pay for it?

Still waiting for the brainiacs of this thread who think because a car not having an mot being parked on the road is a matter of great importance and that if they don't spend money policing the policy it means that we might as well not police mot's at all and is a "green light" to not mot the car, and how we are going to pay for officers to spend the time policing it.

Man of Honour
Unless your MOT has expired doesn't make much odds anyhow how quickly the various systems update.

Annoying thing is I told myself I wouldn't be one of those people who sit there refreshing the government website to see if it had passed but because they were busy and it was a bit delayed I ended up checking the website but I got an email notification from the technician that it has passed before the website had updated.

Back
Top Bottom