Driving test today

Caporegime
El Gringo said:
What the fudge is an "appropriate speed" fault? And obs? What else did you do badly?
Generally means that you weren't going quick enough for the conditions (aka inapropriate speed).

He was probably doing 30MPH in a 30 zone, but past rows of parked cars (a hazard) when the examiner probably was looking for more 22~25MPH. Could have been the opposite way around, doing 25~ MPH in a completely clear 30MPH zone for example.

OBS is observation.

Associate
Congrats matey :)

When i passed my test (12yrs ago) I got two minor faults...
1. Inappropriate use of speed
2. Incorrect use of gears

The inappropriate use of speed has aways baffled me though! lol

Pho

Pho

Soldato
dhill said:
The inappropriate use of speed has aways baffled me though! lol

I think I got two 'approach speed' minors, despite not screeching to a halt, nor taking five minutes to reach the line, never did work out why, either. Think I also had a 'road positioning' one too. Don't know about that either, I'd passed, I didn't want to question it :D.

Associate
Well done OP, mine is on Saturday 26th at 09:37 :o

El Gringo said:
I had mine (second) on Monday the first, the next is day after tomorrow :/ You can tell how that one went :)

I was so worried for the test, not because of driving in general, but the fact that having decided we were good to go, i got into our car to go to the centre aaaaannd... it wouldn' t start. the battery was completely dead. Cue some giggling and a twitch. We jumpstarted it with a portable battery thing (which THANK GOD we had in the boot), but I knew that if I turned it off at any point or even stalled I'd be in the water with no paddle. 15 minutes I waited in the waiting room, with my father outside watching the running car and hoping it wouldn't just die. If he had asked me to turn the car off for checks or at any point, I was screwed, possibly a non roadwrothy car and all that. But he didn't, huzzah! And I completed the test with no stallage, perfect manoeuvering and a nice big fail for checking the mirrors at the same time as signalling and not before.
Here's to Saturday at 9am...

Wow, didn't realise you could fail for that (I don't do that anyhow). But don't you need to have a clear 10 working days between tests :confused: I.e. 2 weeks.. that's what I read in another thread on here.. or can you take another test any time after failing? Can someone clear this up please?

Associate
Congratulations, i just found my pass sheet i got 5 minors on my test

Observation one reversing round a corner
Gears
Steering
Signalling
Position Stops - i remember this one was asked to pull over apparently i blocked someones drive.

thedazman

Bri

Bri

Soldato
aftershxck said:
Well done OP, mine is on Saturday 26th at 09:37 :o

Wow, didn't realise you could fail for that (I don't do that anyhow). But don't you need to have a clear 10 working days between tests :confused: I.e. 2 weeks.. that's what I read in another thread on here.. or can you take another test any time after failing? Can someone clear this up please?

It's recently changed, I believe it's 2 days now.

And to the OP, well done :D I passed in March, it's a great feeling :)

Associate
Bri said:
It's recently changed, I believe it's 2 days now.

And to the OP, well done :D I passed in March, it's a great feeling :)

I hope so, in the event I fail I'll be checking every hour of every day for a cancellation... don't fancy waiting till the end of October for another test :mad: :)

Soldato
Nice one mate, now learn to really drive :p .

I got 2 minors on my test, first was hesitation (forgot the motorway roundabout was now traffic light controller on the exit i was wathcing for gaps :o ) and the 2nd was errm, turn in the road observation iirc!

Back
Top Bottom