Ducati reliability...

dsb

dsb

Associate
Real disappointing to here that mate ruins the whole experience. I had a brand new vstrom that blew a throttle body whilst heading into London, had it it fixed, went on a big euro trip 7 days later but was dripping oil all the way round. Was only because a breather pipe had not been connected properly.

Sold it when I returned and bought a BMW, waiting for the inevitable now!

Soldato
are the 748's a good bike? ive always wanted to own one, and plus my mito is the little brother! :D

ive been thinking about getting one and storing it for a year until i get my 1st years NCB

opinions?

Soldato
Sorry to hear about the experience Agnes, but this is really interesting (and useful) for me as I've been chasing the new model Multistrada for the best part of 6 months now, just waiting for one to come into the right price range.

Tbh I'd pretty much given up trying to get one for £10,000 - they're just too new and too over-priced, plus I was growing ever more tired of too many adverts listing a 2013 model when it was really the earlier bike without Skyhook.

Since then I've been seeking out the 2013 Caponord instead. Much more value, but a bit less horsepower, but, alarmingly, still Italian and with even more complex electronics on board... :o Time will tell...

Soldato
i always find the more exotic brands like Ducati and Aprillia etc just don't fare too well when you want to use them as more than a fair weather toy.

My RSV has been utterly reliable, not a single thing has ever gone wrong with it apart from service items wearing out, and they don't have a bad reputation for reliability either.

Soldato
do you ride it all year round?

Im sure they have improved since i owned mine but the horror stories i had with mine (compunded by a dealer not accepting manufacturer recalls for issues etc just left me with a bad taste), in all my years riding jap bikes or triumph never had any issues at all. Although im sure theres plenty of people who will have had the opposite experience :p

Back
Top Bottom