Ducky keyboards

Associate
Hello,
I'm looking at new keyboards. I currently have a Corsair Strafe with Cherry MX brown keys and Ducky ones have piqued my interest.
Can anyone recommend them? Or are they not that great.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
So, I've made a decision. I went with a Monsgeek MG108B in blue and white with Akko V3 Cream Yellow pro switches.
Cost £60 as I had a few quid in my Paypal.

Tell me I've made a mistake :cry:

Associate
Hello,
I'm looking at new keyboards. I currently have a Corsair Strafe with Cherry MX brown keys and Ducky ones have piqued my interest.
Can anyone recommend them? Or are they not that great.

Thanks.
10/10 can recommend Ducky.

I see you already purchased a keyboard but just to re-emphasise that Ducky is great.

I had a One2 full sized keyboard that I used for gaming and it was fantastic.

Associate
I never heard of the Ducky brand until really recently. I think the fact that they come with cherry mx switches puts them as my firm favourite. I've heard nothing but praise and they have a huge variety as well.

Soldato
I got a Ducky One 3 full size classic in white with blue switches and I bloody love it.

Had it, erm, about 10 months I guess, was expensive and at the time I was really wondering if I was doing the right thing, but no regrets now.

Soldato
A long time ago I purchased a Ducky Shine 3. A proper mechanical keyboard is better for your hands over the long term and I have had RSI from mice. Anyway, my brother and nephew pooh-poohed it. Step forward a couple of years and the former purchased a mechanical keyboard at the behest of the latter!

Associate
Hey, also looking at potentially buying a Ducky, are there any negative points? Everyone I see is very positive which is great, are there any negatives or downsides?

Soldato
Hey, also looking at potentially buying a Ducky, are there any negative points? Everyone I see is very positive which is great, are there any negatives or downsides?
Price is a negative, quite expensive for a keyboard.
I'd also say the new designs are a negative, back when I got my Ducky 2 there was a grey model which looks fairly normal, but the Ducky 3 designs are more "out there" which isn't my taste, and I'd feel silly using one for work.
Edit: actually it looks like the ducky one 2 skyline is back in stock, might have to grab a couple.
Edit 2: the other negative is once you've had a ducky you won't want anything else, and sometimes they aren't in stock, so that's annoying.

Last edited:
Associate
im still running with a Qpad MK50, which was a steal many years ago at £50 but its beginning to show its age. so looking to replace and these Duckys look very very nice

Soldato
im still running with a Qpad MK50, which was a steal many years ago at £50 but its beginning to show its age. so looking to replace and these Duckys look very very nice
Same upgrade I did, get:

Not sure why that is a negative? The stock yes but not sure about your other point.
Stock is the only point - when you want a specific product but it's never in stock - that's annoying. Getting something else because of availability would always feel like an inferior product.

Associate
Same upgrade I did, get:

Stock is the only point - when you want a specific product but it's never in stock - that's annoying. Getting something else because of availability would always feel like an inferior product.
Nice! I didn't deliberate long, went with the Ducky One3 Daybreak

Went with the German layout (bought in germany from Caseking) as they had a 20% off discount, and i've been here long enough I should probably switch from UK to DE layout. Also sadly the MX-Red was sold out so went with the MX-Red Silent. which seem to be the same except slight dampening.

Last edited:
Associate
Yup, it was part of why I bit the bullet, 10 months on and still content. And looking at reviews the build quality is solid. And I know from experience the cherry switches last.

Back
Top Bottom