Ducky keyboards

Soldato
love my ducky but replaced it with keycron, in some ways prefer my ducky though
How so? I have just been looking at keycron boards myself to replace my Ducky. The Q3 as I kinda miss the F key row lol.

As an aside, I'm liking these glorious panda switches. I wasn't sure at first, but after using them for a few days I'm liking them more than the cherry browns. I preferred the browns on my shine 3 as they sound and felt better than the one 3. I'm guessing its to do with the different housing material as the shine 3 is black and the one 3 is clear.

Soldato
keycron is nice, smooth & super heavy (it makes my skedgehammer feel light) my wife said my keyboard will be a weapon in a house invasion..

but the ducky just feels nicer to tap & type on in total. However its CRAP on Mac & as i swap between OSX/Unix/Win every day its nice to switch OS & keys stay in the same place with the keycron Switch.
if i could use ducky i would, but it moves keys in odd places on OS swaps whilst i could fix this dont fancy editing a ultra-secure corp Mac & gets slapped in doing so :D

Mobster
Soldato
ive got the shine 7, its a brilliant keyboard and built like a tank. its also great because it doesnt have those simply ridiculous raised keys you find on other 'gaming' keyboards

Associate
How so? I have just been looking at keycron boards myself to replace my Ducky. The Q3 as I kinda miss the F key row lol.

As an aside, I'm liking these glorious panda switches. I wasn't sure at first, but after using them for a few days I'm liking them more than the cherry browns. I preferred the browns on my shine 3 as they sound and felt better than the one 3. I'm guessing its to do with the different housing material as the shine 3 is black and the one 3 is clear.
Did you find the browns weren't tactile enough like a lot of people do? I'm wondering what's 'better' about the Pandas.

Soldato
You can still game with the Cherry MX Blue switches, however, I feel that the Cherry MX Red (or Cherry MX Red Silent) switches would allow slightly faster responsiveness over WASD intensive games, with less noise/disturbance to others in the household.

I play PUBG at a reasonable level on cherry blue no problems, no issues with responsiveness.

Yes the noise is a thing of course.

Soldato
Did you find the browns weren't tactile enough like a lot of people do? I'm wondering what's 'better' about the Pandas.
The tactile bump on the Pandas is a little weird. It's right at the top of the keystroke, so seems a little pointless as I always thought the tactile bump was to let you know where the actuation point is, so you don't bottom out the keys. Personally I like the browns tactile bump more. Its a nice mid point between tactile and linear, so great if you do a mix of gaming and typing. The main reason I preferred them was how smooth they feel, but I ended up putting the browns back in as I seem to type better with the browns.

I'd take online comments around brown switches with a giant pinch of salt. They have always been regarded as a great in between switch, but during the pandemic mechanical keyboards blew up in popularity and certain content creators took a disliking to them.

Back
Top Bottom