Due to popular demand the R1600T are on Pre-order at £49.99inc!!!

Associate
I want to pre order but I can only be in on Saturdays cause of work - is there a way that can be sorted out? (i.e. Saturday delivery on the pre-order) I'll also be ordering a monitor next week at some point (along with another couple of bits and pieces) when i'm paid so is there some way to sort out that too?

Associate
Has anyone used the RT1600s as output for a TV? We have recently swapped from a Samsung LED to a Panasonic GT50 Plasma and the sound is definitely not as good due to the rear firing speakers. These might make a good temporary upgrade while we save for a decent soundbar or 2.1. I would try the set I got for my son but I fitted the wires to the shelf unit I built over his bed :p,

Soldato
Oddly, I used these as speakers for my father-in-law's TV while we tried to narrow down a sound issue (looks like it's the TV's speakers, so now persuading him to get a soundbar). Hooked them up to the red/white phono output from the TV and they sounded lovely. The downside was the TV volume only adjust the TV's speakers and had no effect on the R1600T's - so the only way they could adjust the volume was by getting up from the sofa and moving the knob on the side of the speaker. Fine for a day or two but not suitable for longer term solution.

Associate
Confused Stu - thanks for the. I will have to see what the TVs menu options are as I noticed the headphone socket has a separate volume level. If I do buy them and it turns out to be a hassle I could always move them over to my PC instead :D.

Associate
Confused Stu - thanks for the. I will have to see what the TVs menu options are as I noticed the headphone socket has a separate volume level. If I do buy them and it turns out to be a hassle I could always move them over to my PC instead :D.

Yes, you could set the speakers to half volume, plug into the headphone socket and control the volume via the menu.

It would mean having to go to 'Menu - Sound - Headphone volume' every time you wanted to adjust it though.

Associate
Most of the time the TV is at a constant volume anyway, so it may be worth a go. I haven't had a look at soundbars yet so I#m not sure what a decent one would cost. We don't need high volume, just better alround clarity.

Associate
Most of the time the TV is at a constant volume anyway, so it may be worth a go. I haven't had a look at soundbars yet so I#m not sure what a decent one would cost. We don't need high volume, just better alround clarity.

I advise going to listen to them in a shop. I'm not really a fan of soundbars... except maybe the £500 plus options (yamaha, bose, etc)
The quality on the average soundbar though, is just SO poor imo, ESPECIALLY when £50 will get you the kind of sound the edifiers can.

Associate
Got these from here about 6 months ago. Brilliant speakers. Got a letter from the council to confirm it.

Dunno if I'd class these as "ear-splitting" volumewise, although they can certainly kick out more dB than you'd expect for such compact speakers rated at 2x16W. If these were compared using the dodgy "peak output" measurement (PMPO etc.) I'm sure they'd hit 100W+ (per channel maybe? - who cares).

But these cans are all about quality of sound, not quantity. You'll hear things in your music collection you didn't hear before, and get more detail in what you did hear before. You'll know if the bassist is left or right of the drummer, and by how far. And what colour tanktop he's wearing. Srsly, upgrading to these is like having two wads of treacle-soaked cotton wool removed from your Britneys.

Dedicated gamers might want to stick with 2.1/5.1 systems to get that floor-shaking feeling when a grenade explodes, and serious audiophiles will still spend 10 times as much on "proper" speakers (plus an audio amp), but most casual gamers, music-lovers and general users will find the balance of quality, size and price hard to beat (if not impossible). At ~£80 these are a bargain, at £50 OcUK are giving them away. Probably the best bullseye I've ever spent on my PC.

Associate
Had these for nearly 2 years now and just to echo what others have already said; they are absolutely brilliant.

Moving from 2/5.1 may feel like the bass has been castrated but honestly, give it a few hours and you'll wish you'd switched sooner.

These are an absolute steal at that price.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
How are these in comparison to the Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1's? Which is what i have at the moment, an upgrade or not?

Back
Top Bottom