Dune: Part 2 (2024)

Associate
Finally got around to watching this at the weekend. Not as good as part 1 for me and felt rushed at the end especially the battle as others have said. A good film in its own right however I was expecting more after part 1.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just re watched part 1, it was actually better the second time than when I first watched it. I haven't read the books, but I think it was because I've watched the second, I had a better and direct understanding of what part one was conveying from the beginning.

Have to say both movies are masterpieces, love them both.

Don
I've just re watched part 1, it was actually better the second time than when I first watched it. I haven't read the books, but I think it was because I've watched the second, I had a better and direct understanding of what part one was conveying from the beginning.

Have to say both movies are masterpieces, love them both.
Cant wait to see what they do with the third one to be honest, its gunna be interesting

Soldato
Cant wait to see what they do with the third one to be honest, its gunna be interesting
I think over Dune part 1 was better than 2, although 2 had some very good scenes but changed a lot of stuff like chani being completely different, how certain characters ie fenring wasn't there, how baron was killed, alia.

What about you?

Don
I think over Dune part 1 was better than 2, although 2 had some very good scenes but changed a lot of stuff like chani being completely different, how certain characters ie fenring wasn't there, how baron was killed, alia.

What about you?
Well the fact that it wasnt Allia is annoying, but you know... I can accept that, I'm just not sure how they omitted Paul's kid from the entire second film as well, I know he wasnt prominent in the book but it really effects Paul you can tell in the books, and his sister as well I can forgive as she isnt a massive part of the second book as well, she may be in it, and there is a fair chunk about her in it but nothing that would influence it that much... I wonder why they left her out...

Soldato
Well the fact that it wasnt Allia is annoying, but you know... I can accept that, I'm just not sure how they omitted Paul's kid from the entire second film as well, I know he wasnt prominent in the book but it really effects Paul you can tell in the books, and his sister as well I can forgive as she isnt a massive part of the second book as well, she may be in it, and there is a fair chunk about her in it but nothing that would influence it that much... I wonder why they left her out...
Oh yea totally forgot about Leto 2. Why are they making chani to be out like his opponent lol. Still think they should have shown howart planting his seeds on feyd.

Soldato
Already stated a few times but I watched both yesterday. 1st film for the 2nd time and I liked it better.

However this is the first time in years I've actually wanted a film to be longer as part 2 was a bit short for me. Big build up and then a quick finish. Most recent 3hr films have always felt 20-30 mins too long for me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Watched at home, only the 2nd time ive seen it and its a great film "but" it feels a tiny bit rushed and could have been so much more if longer.

Its a collection of really good scenes, but somehow to me it lacks a touch of emotion in some places and is overly OTT in others....

Next time ill watch both pt 1 and 2, back to back.

Reactions: SPG
Soldato
Watched at home, only the 2nd time ive seen it and its a great film "but" it feels a tiny bit rushed and could have been so much more if longer.

Its a collection of really good scenes, but somehow to me it lacks a touch of emotion in some places and is overly OTT in others....

Next time ill watch both pt 1 and 2, back to back.
I think you broke down a lot of the dune story for me in the past?

1. Begining seemed to drag quite a bit
2. Raban came across as a wimp. Did he he also kiss feyds boot in the book?
3. I thought feyd didn't come across as great fighter in the books hence he needed opponents to be drugged? But here he bested Paul until somehow he took the knife out from his wound and stabbed feyd?
3.1. Where was howart who was conspiring with feyd?
4. No count fenring?
5. There was mention of jinn, was it in the book? Due to it being mentioned, should have had made the voices come at Paul.
6. Pretty sure chani didn't slap Paul in the book and no one blinked, this guy is THE One.
7. Walken was such a bad choice, he looked like a corpse. Did not look intimidating even 1%.
8. Ending was rushed, probably because of the beginning dragging.
9. No interaction between gurney and Jessica?
10. Wasn't Aliya already born when they rushed the emperor?
10.1. Isnt that when mohiam called her an obimination? I'm sure Paul said more than silence to the mother.
11. Paul killed Baron not Aliya? Pretty big change imo as she would have got possessed by his 'consious'?
12. No baby Leto?
13. Chani is not shown supportive here at all, more like becoming an adversary. Maybe they wanna give her more involvement because it's zandaya?
13. I'm sure I missed other stuff

Caporegime
I don't mind its not a 100% repeat of the book, films have to take other routes and some characters have to be sexed up or dumbed down but yes im really sad that Howart got chopped but i like what they did with the bene gesserit side. I Hate that the almost omitted the guild, that is a really bad.

Im looking forward to Messiah but again... Its not really that exciting... Im wondering how they are gonna make it that interesting for 2h30m Its a fine read but highlights?
Its all face dancers, golas and Edric guild conspiracy.. Who wont even be in it.. cos its a bit late to get the guild in it....

They are fine filmsm the books sttill exist :p Ive said 100x im a really huge fan of the terrible sci-fi miniseries. They do a really good job even if it feels like a school play at some points.

Back
Top Bottom