dvelopmental rate?

Soldato
Training, initial rate, words to that effect. Its been dropped from last year, I notice.

Edit: £3.40 an hour for under 18s? Obviously the government intends to railroad people into education by setting the rates lower...

Soldato
OP
ok well my employer just gave me a cheque for £45 for 22 hours of work, and he didnt even take my NI number.....you think inland revenue will do anythign about it?

Soldato
£45 for 22hours? ... errr.. get a new job.
what do you expect inland revenue to do like? its obviously done under the radar. Are your hours logged anywherE?

Soldato
ok well my employer just gave me a cheque for £45 for 22 hours of work, and he didnt even take my NI number.....you think inland revenue will do anythign about it?

Report him.

He's all-but using slave labour at £2 ph, and clearly he isn't doing employing you in an official capacity (also illegal).

Oh, and I echo the suggestion to get a better job.

Soldato
my gf was offered something along the lines of £60 a week whilst training in some textiles thing but this was all legit etc, it was only that low because for certain things i dont think there is actually a minimum, its whatever the employer can afford, which wasnt much in this case, she found something better where they offered her a lot more though, but as with a lot of training positions she got shafted, she got 2 weekends a month off. Needless to say that didnt last all that long.

Soldato
OP
oh i quit. i still have the cheque, not cashed yet, for proof.

i guess i shall call them up and see if they can do anything. even if i dont get my money, hurting him will give me and the other 7 people that quit with me due to the sameish reasons with pride.

:)

Soldato
but would i also get the non logged hours, that were witnessed by the manager?

I think getting (at least) full minimum wage for your logged hours, and embarrassing the company in court should be your main objectives.

If / when you win, it will be up to the judge to rule on any additional hours. He may find in your favour on that also, but it will depend on the evidence you have. Will the manager(s) that witnessed your extra hours testify against the company? If not, it might be worth forgetting them.

What actually happened is irrelevant, from a legal perspective. What you can prove is the only thing of importance.

Back
Top Bottom