Dying Light 2 - December 7th

Soldato
Yeah I would agree with those points. The fighting abilities are good fun as I said previously the drop kick is great and some of the dash through crowds of zombies looks a laugh but most of the parkour ones are pointless. Like you said that double jump one doesn’t seem to work half the time for me and the one where you are supposed to jump from one object to the next doesn’t seem to work at all.

Caporegime
Yeah drop kick is cool, head stomp is decent and so is execution. The jump after execution one is one I'd avoid, im yet to use it and find it does what it should as the jump after isn't high enough to gain some decent elevation.

Soldato
LOL Last night i was playing and hit a weird bug. The characters that i was interacting with would not be in the right places. One particular scene was funny where i was pouring someone a drink but my model wasnt showing and it was like a ghost was pouring the drink. Another one was where 2 characters were clipped into each other.

Soldato
The bugs I seem to get in out in the open world, NPC characters and zombies just standing next to each other :cry: Once I start attacking the zombie they will join in then lol.

I've had it where I've just seen bandits and zombies standing next to each doing nothing. It's only when I've got near to them that they started fighting each other.

One thing I've noticed that the game doesn't tell you is that once you clear an army convoy a loud bang will attract a load of runners. This is your cue that it's been cleared.

jpm

jpm

Associate
I've had it where I've just seen bandits and zombies standing next to each doing nothing. It's only when I've got near to them that they started fighting each other

Yeah I've had that bug to, I do like watching the bandits fight the zombies, I feel like I should be placing bets lol.

I am enjoying it more than the first, night time is really fun.

Caporegime
Climbing the antennas really showcases some of the jankiness with the parkour, very frustrating when you climb almost to the top then your character decides to not grab a ledge.

Soldato
Agreed, also the horrible perspective changes at times when climbing up vertical parts (spinning bits) of the antenna is a nightmare.

Got the Korek Charge last night :D

Soldato
When unlocking abilities I'd avoid the "smash" one. I assumed you could jump off a roof and then smash an enemies but it requires you to be stood on a roof looking down to get the prompt, but if an enemy moves the prompt goes away. It's quite annoying.

Soldato
Finished the campaign over the weekend. Was pretty good but a bit formulaic.

The ending is pretty poor to be honest. Not in terms of the fight or the action but just a blank screen with "This character survived, This character took over, this character was never seen again" Meh! BWT There is an amazing farming spot at the very south of the map that has a load of sunken airdrops with very high tier weapons and gear 12 of them and also 5 Inhibitor containers. Towards the end of the game if you dont let Lawan kill the butcher the area stays flooded. You can still get the airdrops you just have to dive for them and miss out on being able to run about a new area. Pity there is no way to actually open the damn after the game ends. :(

Caporegime
Finished the campaign over the weekend. Was pretty good but a bit formulaic.

The ending is pretty poor to be honest. Not in terms of the fight or the action but just a blank screen with "This character survived, This character took over, this character was never seen again" Meh! BWT There is an amazing farming spot at the very south of the map that has a load of sunken airdrops with very high tier weapons and gear 12 of them and also 5 Inhibitor containers. Towards the end of the game if you dont let Lawan kill the butcher the area stays flooded. You can still get the airdrops you just have to dive for them and miss out on being able to run about a new area. Pity there is no way to actually open the damn after the game ends. :(

I also finished this over the weekend

Im hoping they implement an NG+ option as I dont want to lose the time invested in my character but would be interested to see the game play out differently with different choices. End game is pretty meh right now, with the only reliable area to farm level 9 gear being 3 of those drops you mentioned in the flooded area. There are new encounters that are yellow, stronger goons and enemies that also guarantee high level gear but they're rare. I realise the devs said 500 hours but I dont see 500 hours of content in right now, maybe because some of the achievements need multiple runs they're taking that into account which is a bit cheesy tbh.

I enjoyed the run, some pretty weird glitches like fast travelling, spawning then insta death for no reason. Glitches to zombies and enemies and the likes, but for the most part it was good. The worst glitch I came across was either performance (frame rate drops after a lengthy session) or the sound completely cutting out needing a reboot of the game.

Solid 8/10 for me.

Soldato
Yeah i am of the same opinion. Apparently they are working on implementing a NG+ mode according to a AMA with the guy that voices Aiden.

I can see a 100 hours + with all the GRE Anomalies, GRE Labs, Dark Hollows, Challenges, on top of the campaign but 500+ Dunno about that.

Did a decent amount of the area round the big tower get blown up for you? Its almost impossible to navigate when using the glider or even running round and the dust/debris makes viewing distance terrible.

Caporegime
Yeah i am of the same opinion. Apparently they are working on implementing a NG+ mode according to a AMA with the guy that voices Aiden.

I can see a 100 hours + with all the GRE Anomalies, GRE Labs, Dark Hollows, Challenges, on top of the campaign but 500+ Dunno about that.

Did a decent amount of the area round the big tower get blown up for you? Its almost impossible to navigate when using the glider or even running round and the dust/debris makes viewing distance terrible.

Yes it did and it persists after the Epilogue which is annoying. I'm struggling to think of a story decision that would've meant it didn't happen.

Soldato
Yes it did and it persists after the Epilogue which is annoying. I'm struggling to think of a story decision that would've meant it didn't happen.

Yeah thought that was going to be the case.. Its flipping annoying indeed. Apparently the devs have had feedback on it and are looking at reducing the effect.

Back
Top Bottom