1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

e-ATX motherboard computer in the smallest form factor possible.

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by Mono, Sep 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mono

Gangster

I currently have an Enthoo Primo housing my eATX motherboard and watercooled loop.

Life was great until I had kids and now need to move the beast to a smaller space. The case is too large and I don't have the budget to build a smaller pc (Plus this one performance wise is still great for my requirements).

I plan to ditch the case and loop and move to a smaller case air cooled. Has anyone come across a case for this requirement that would work well? I accept that it will still be a midi tower but the smaller the better.

I require any bay devices and only need space for 2 SSD's & a GFX card (currently 980ti).

Any thoughts or ideas would be great!

2. Nemesis379

Wise Guy

I am also in search of a case, the Corsair 400C is actually quite small and also fits e-atx motherboard perfectly.

If you want something even smaller, you could have a look at Cerberus X PC Case.

3. Finners

Wise Guy

There are a couple of cube e-atx cases overclockers sell a Corsair one.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...-cube-case-black-cc-9011030-ww-ca-143-cs.html

There is another that I have it's called a cooltek jonsbo w2 but just done a quick Google and it seems to be discontinued now.

It's a compact case but cooling does suffer for it. If you have hot components it becomes quite a hot box as there just isn't enough fans to extract the heart away.

4. HoneyBadger

Wise Guy

Phanteks Pro M will fit an EATX. At least it did when I had my X99 Asrock Extreme 11.

5. Kurgen

Wise Guy

i think there's a grey area between ATX and EATX i have just put and EATX board in Bitfenix Nova case.. doesnt the case just have to have the 3rd line of stand offs?

6. BongoHunter

Wise Guy

Is the board you are using the full 13.5" depth of 'proper' EATX?

7. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

What motherboard is it? Unlikely to be E-ATX unless its Dual Socket. More like CEB Form factor such as the X99-E WS :) Like someone else said there is a lot confusion with different manufacturers referring to their boards in different terms. Supermicro are a prime suspect for this.

8. Nemesis379

Wise Guy

The motherboard I have is a ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10.

As I would also like to know.

9. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

No it doesn't. It supports ATX and CEB form factor will fit as I have build a couple of hundred systems with X99-E WS. The only problem is with that is that the extra width slightly covers the cable grommets.

Corsair Carbide 400Q Should be fine as its almost the exact same layout as the X99-E WS but more gaming orientated than workstation :) but that lovely 275R is almost he exact same dimensions and very cheap for that quality of case.