E3 2014

Soldato
I never really expect games to look as good as any initial gameplay vids I see, especially early in development, as I know how much things can change over time. For me though, it's the idea of the gameplay of The Division I love the most. An open-world massively multiplayer shooter set in a post-apocalyptic New York, designed for co-op play? Sign me up :D

No, I expect them to look better. I don't expect game companies to act like ******! Bait and switch is unacceptable, that and along with their other dubious practices like a million different versions of the same game, day one dlc just turns me off ubi.

Man of Honour
No, I expect them to look better. I don't expect game companies to act like ******! Bait and switch is unacceptable, that and along with their other dubious practices like a million different versions of the same game, day one dlc just turns me off ubi.
You have unrealistic expectations then IMO. An early build will always be subject to change, and optimising a small gameplay section is a hell of a lot easier than doing it to the full game.

Soldato
You have unrealistic expectations then IMO. An early build will always be subject to change, and optimising a small gameplay section is a hell of a lot easier than doing it to the full game.

Interesting you lay fault at my feet rather than the developer? Surely the product you show off as a business to entice interest and preorders (did I mention release date deadline for reviews) should reach that level as a minimum. It's like promising Kiera Knightley then delivering Katie Price, surely you can see that is unacceptable?

Caporegime

In what way did they lie? The footage you're talking about was two years before development. They've released plenty of footage since that looks like the game now.

Soldato
Wii U list has leaked online :p Looks tasty if true!!! However I'm very suspicious of it :p

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nintendo-e3-2014-games-list-leaked-online

Wii U

Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
The Legend of Zelda: Unbound King
Mario Party 10
Nintendo U (temp)
Pokken Fighter Tournament
Pushmo World
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Wii U HD Collection:
Super Mario Sunshine HD
Wave Race: Blue Storm HD
XenoMech Saga
Yarn Yoshi (temp)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Interesting you lay fault at my feet rather than the developer? Surely the product you show off as a business to entice interest and preorders (did I mention release date deadline for reviews) should reach that level as a minimum. It's like promising Kiera Knightley then delivering Katie Price, surely you can see that is unacceptable?

Do you have the same attitude to film studios when the final film doesn't match the quality suggested by the trailers? I know full well that the final product may not match the quality suggested by the initial trailer. Some games look and perform just as good, or even better than the initial trailers. Some games don't. I can't imagine this is ever an intentional result, especially when the first gameplay footage is nearly 2 years prior to the release of the game. Some times games just don't look or perform as good as they initially hoped. It happens, and yes, I do believe it's your fault if you never expect it to happen.

Caporegime
Do you have the same attitude to film studios when the final film doesn't match the quality suggested by the trailers? I know full well that the final product may not match the quality suggested by the initial trailer. Some games look and perform just as good, or even better than the initial trailers. Some games don't. I can't imagine this is ever an intentional result, especially when the first gameplay footage is nearly 2 years prior to the release of the game. Some times games just don't look or perform as good as they initially hoped. It happens, and yes, I do believe it's your fault if you never expect it to happen.

I can't decide if the people complaining about the Watch Dogs thing have really short memories or are really young players. This thing has happened for ages, games change throughout development.

Soldato
Wii U list has leaked online :p Looks tasty if true!!! However I'm very suspicious of it :p

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nintendo-e3-2014-games-list-leaked-online

Wii U

Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
The Legend of Zelda: Unbound King
Mario Party 10
Nintendo U (temp)
Pokken Fighter Tournament
Pushmo World
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Wii U HD Collection:
Super Mario Sunshine HD
Wave Race: Blue Storm HD
XenoMech Saga
Yarn Yoshi (temp)

with all the issues with the Wii U i still dont know why they dont do a large console Pokemon game, surely that would sell the console like no other franchise.

Soldato
with all the issues with the Wii U i still dont know why they dont do a large console Pokemon game, surely that would sell the console like no other franchise.

Because a Wii-U fully featured Pokemon game would only serve to diminish handheld sales which is an equally important business area for Nintendo.

Back
Top Bottom