Early stages of planning a Vegas holiday, pointers for a n00b required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Rotty said:
I didn't include "the hotel" as this was just a list of ones I would recommend , I missed it out ( along with Palms, Rio , Hard Rock ) solely on location

re the monorail , if you are referring to the one that runs mandalay-luxor-excalibur then it is handy in as far as it goes , the new big monorail is a huge letdown as the stations are a pain to get to , frequently 10-15 mins walk from the strip

Thats a shame the monorail could have been great. :( What are your opinions of Treasure Island, Mirage and the Monte Carlo. :)
Just interested. :)

Don
cymatty said:
Also the Bellagio was adding another Block of rooms, i would not like to guess the cost of that. :eek:

The new tower was near completion last time I was there ( New Year ) so it may well be open now

Soldato
Helmet_head said:
If you get the chance the tour round the hoover damn is quite interesting.
Oh and don't forget plenty of camera film or rechargable batteries for digital cameras, because believe me you will use them.

Buy your film/batteries/memory cards in LV. It'll be cheaper than here. Get the film developed as well if possible.

Don
cymatty said:
Thats a shame the monorail could have been great. :( What are your opinions of Treasure Island, Mirage and the Monte Carlo. :)
Just interested. :)

Have stayed in Treasure Island twice , the rooms are great for the money , they have recently started marketing it as a young folks hotel and as such gets a lot of spoilt rich kids in

Mirage is superb , classy without being over the top , some good deals too

I know little of the Monte Carlo , it's a low key kind of place , but from what I do know I would prefer one of the other two

Soldato
Rotty said:
Have stayed in Treasure Island twice , the rooms are great for the money , they have recently started marketing it as a young folks hotel and as such gets a lot of spoilt rich kids in

Mirage is superb , classy without being over the top , some good deals too

I know little of the Monte Carlo , it's a low key kind of place , but from what I do know I would prefer one of the other two

Cheers got these prices, do they seem good?
14th -23rd Dec

£576 Alladin
£667 mirage
£812 Bellagio

Soldato
Tomsk said:
Buy your film/batteries/memory cards in LV. It'll be cheaper than here. Get the film developed as well if possible.

If Las Vegas prices are anything like NYC or Orlando then it's best to buy memory cards over here. The cheapest I could find a 1Gb SD card for my new camera was in NYC for $130 but I picked up one back here for £40.

Associate
havent read the rest of this thread as im tired and need to sleep-

however, i have a bit of advise for you-

I travel to the west coast a lot (2-3 times a year) as my rents live in LA, from experience (to LAX) it is far better to go off season, i have got return flights (a few months in advance) for £300 before off season, which is a lot cheaper than you originally stated!!

Also as a bit of advise- i would avoid Las Vegas in the hight of the summer, bear in mind that it is in the middle of the desert and temperatures will be well above comfortable at these times of the year, i would suggest mid to late october as being manageable.

if you have any questions about the rest of the west coast (mainly california) i have first hand experience so please ask away.

Soldato
Rotty said:
Prices I get

Alladin $742
Mirage $1109
Bellagio $1660

all will probably be plus tax ( 7.5% )

Sorry forgot to say the price i gave were including flights (goes to make double sure) Yes they do and also found
Treasure island £624
Paris £801

Soldato
Sorry ignore me the flights are:

Sub-total for this trip: £1,601.00
Average price per passenger: £800.50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Insurance for all travellers: £90.00
Total price for this trip: £1,691.00
Included:

items selected, taxes, & fees for flight.

Flight: 2 return tickets

10:30 Depart Manchester (MAN)
Arrive Las Vegas (LAS) 16:54 Wed 14-Dec
Duration: 14hr 24min American Airlines 55 / 1417
Connect in Chicago (ORD)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07:54 Depart Las Vegas (LAS)
Arrive Manchester (MAN) 07:55 +1 day Fri 23-Dec
Duration: 16hr 1min American Airlines 1006 / 158
Connect in Miami (MIA)

Still ok though :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom