Earlyest 'Joined:'

Associate
Originally joined when the site and forum were in it's early days, talking old school at the old old shop in fenton at the front right side of the unit. Don't even think it was ocuk back then pre 1999?

Remember catching the bus to fenton from hanley as i was buying one of the overclocked AMD Slot A K7 Athlon 500/550 that were clocked to 750, a Hercules 3D Prophet Ge-Force and does anyone remember the Juno P6 full tower cases? looked like a large lunchbox lol :)

Good times they were at the old shop, how things have moved on since!

Caporegime
#154 on this forum it would seem, but I think I recall getting stuff from Millennium Computers, so maybe 1999/2000.

I'd only be on about 2000 posts in total I think even by now but someone upped it for some reason for doing something way back!? It couldn't have been anything great as the buggers never gave me a Man of Honour rofl.

Don
#154 on this forum it would seem, but I think I recall getting stuff from Millennium Computers, so maybe 1999/2000.

I'd only be on about 2000 posts in total I think even by now but someone upped it for some reason for doing something way back!? It couldn't have been anything great as the buggers never gave me a Man of Honour rofl.

Did you do one of those charity post count auctions? IIRC, Gilly did that too.

Associate
[FnG]magnolia;24699032 said:
It's always funny to see those with a 2002/3 join date but low post count 'contribute' to these threads.

Now don't be a snob - you can't look down on people with a low post count and then sneer when they post :(

Man of Honour
[HB]Rugrat;24699820 said:
Now don't be a snob - you can't look down on people with a low post count and then sneer when they post :(

I think it's more curiosity about how the people with early join dates/low post counts know that these threads exist. It looks as if they get an alert there is a thread asking when they joined so they can contribute...

It's probably that they still check in from time to time and see these threads but it's odd how reliable it is at getting people to respond who've not posted for months or even years. I do somewhat admire people who don't just reply for the sake of it and only post when they've got something to say but it's not an approach that everyone takes.

I was nowhere near the start of the forums but I've been here quite a few years now, in fact it's rapidly approaching a decade that I've been posting here.

Associate
It's probably that they still check in from time to time and see these threads but it's odd how reliable it is at getting people to respond who've not posted for months or even years. I do somewhat admire people who don't just reply for the sake of it and only post when they've got something to say but it's not an approach that everyone takes.

If I posted "thanks" every time I read something useful on this forum I'd have a post count of about 50k, but that's frowned upon on many forums so it goes against the grain. I do try and give back but I don't get much time to post, what with long work hours and having young children. By the time I do get chance to read a thread I could contribute to, about a dozen people have already said everything that needs to be said.

I'm off work this week for the first time in AGES, hence me having the time to post. Back to work next week so I'll miss the next one, promise ;)

Back
Top Bottom