Ebay best for second hand components?

Associate
Is ebay is the best place for second hand components or can anyone recommend another alternative? Worried about getting stung on ebay after last few transactions have been faulty.

Cheers.

Soldato
Not really but at least you get protection from eBay and PayPal.

Other than that MM here, but you don't have enough posts, or AVF from people with a good trade rating.

Associate
Ebay now has money back guarantee for faulty items (I've just been at the wrong end of one that was erroneously raised, but Ebay did sort it out within 2 hours once I had the option to escalate the process). If you have bought from someone with a good record, you really aren't risking much.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good thing with the bay is that they almost always side with the buyer if there's an issue. If you buy hardware, make sure you fully stress test it as soon as you get it.

Soldato
Members market is definately worth it, Ive bought and sold a few things on here and I trust this place far more than Ebay or any other forum.

Soldato
I would always use the MM on here or AVF over ebay if I can. The MM here is now well run, a decent selection for sale and with such a high post count for access i feel it's pretty trustworthy.

Couple of posts a day and it will soon add up.

Soldato
depends what your after, i dont use ebay for certain reason, but i still look, sometimes you can find decent priced stuff, but i use gum or CX shop, a lot of stuff is overpriced though, mean i was on the zon earlier and the old 8400gs is on there for £32 :rolleyes: lol

Back
Top Bottom