Ebay best for second hand components?

Associate
bought a few bits off eBay and never had a problem.

the MM is a great place though.. Ive bought a few bits on there and good thing is your buying it from a fellow member so you know there is a 99.9% chance its been looked after..

Associate
I've sold on the MM here and Ebay, had 0 issues with selling on here but people trying it on with Ebay, I tend to stick to selling and buying on here now for 2nd parts.

+1

Lower prices, trusted sellers/buyers.

I agree with this. if Im buying any PC parts I tend to look in the members market before I look anywhere else.

Associate
The things with the Members Market is - people know how much their parts are worth.

On eBay if you have good timing and luck, you can get a good deal.

Associate
The things with the Members Market is - people know how much their parts are worth.

On eBay if you have good timing and luck, you can get a good deal.
yes on the members market folk do know what stuff is worth but they also don't have the hassle of eBay
when I was looking for a 4790k I had a few in my watch on eBay the ones that came up on the Members market a fair bit cheaper than on eBay but they sold fast and I missed out.
On eBay some of them were doing at least £60 - £80 more...

I ended out buying one from a local high street store that do trade ins.. I still got it cheaper than eBay but it was more expensive than on the Members market..

other thing about the members market is the previous owner 9 out of 10 times will help with any warranty issues if they were to arise

Associate
I don't have those :(
I don't either..

Ive found with the Members Market your more likely to get a bargain or a better price than you will on eBay.
look at the prices of 980ti's go for on eBay and look what the last few have sold for on the MM that's just one example..

only thing is there wont be as many up for sale so they tend to sell fast.. or in my case when ive no spare cash.. :(

Soldato
Good thing with the bay is that they almost always side with the buyer if there's an issue. If you buy hardware, make sure you fully stress test it as soon as you get it.

Not good for the seller though. Just sold a perfectly good working item that I showed a picture of it working in the auction. Buyer **** it up and claimed it was received like that. I have No Returns selected. Buyer logs a complaint, Ebay sides with buyer, been sent back an item definitely not in the same condition I sent it. Even have photo evidence. Now in future I`m doing a video for each item I sell.

Associate
yea ive just sold a 1060 on ebay,i recorded a video of it working and showing serial numbers and the date just in case,always a worry selling on ebay something expensive.

Associate
recently sold a workstation psu on ebay
the buyer comes around stating that it does not work
I just accepted the return
No winning in cases like this
lost 13 pounds for postage
Sold it again and that is its new home

Associate
far too many scammers on eBay.. got turned over with a laptop years ago.
I sold it as spares or repair not powering up.. boy opened a dispute saying it was faulty!!
eBay refunded him half his money as he said he was happy to keep it and use it as spares!!

Associate
i bought a kenwood powered subwoofer a week last Monday,as soon as I paid he deleted himself from ebay,luckily I got my money back today,as skint as I get sometimes I could never do that to someone.

Permabanned
ebay virtually own your soul if you sign up with paypal, you idiot sell has very little chance of getting away with no refund!

I tend not to use ebay as seller as they dont listen to reason it buyer is always right

Associate
far too many scammers on eBay.. got turned over with a laptop years ago.
I sold it as spares or repair not powering up.. boy opened a dispute saying it was faulty!!
eBay refunded him half his money as he said he was happy to keep it and use it as spares!!
this - hence i will never use ebay again

Soldato
this - hence i will never use ebay again
s

I Know there are scammers out there but ebay would not exist as a marketplace is sellers were getting this hassle all the time.
there must be literally hundreds of thousands of seamless transactions take place on there every day.
I buy parts for my business and I notice that the sellers have 10s of thousands of positive feedback (some over 100k)
They simply wouldn't be able to thrive without having (for the most part) seamless sales.

Soldato
shame the post limit is so high, I use ebay, simply because it seems my only realistic choice, if they opened up the MM here then it would be better.

Associate
yea its a bit of a weird one with post count,like ive been here since 2005,i don't post much as I tend to read more than posting,i have 1300+ 100% perfect ratings on ebay but I'm kinda forced into making posts on here just to be able to see MM,i mean I kinda guess why its done that way but it doesn't work for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom