Ebay Second Chance Offer

Associate
Hi i made a bid on this item http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6480877062&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEDW:IT&rd=1

I have just revised an email saying

Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid for £221.00 on 04-Feb-06 15:30:17 GMT is now available for purchase:

Second Chance Offer
The seller, stevenm4718 is making this Second Chance Offer because the high bidder was either unable to complete the transaction or the seller has a duplicate item for sale.

The selling of this item through Second Chance Offer is in compliance with eBay policy; you will be able to exchange feedback with the seller and will be eligible for all eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection.

Is he trying to scam me or is it a genuine offer.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
post the headers of the email and a screeny of it.

it is possible that this isn't a scam, seeing as the High-bidder looks like one of those scammer-accounts.

tried emailing the seller about it?

Permabanned
I stay well clear of Second Chance offers, scammers like use it but also genuine folk.

Scammers like to whack up the price then offer it to for your max bid.

Associate
OP
eBay sent this message to Raymond Eales (raymond7461).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
Second Chance Offer - Buy The Item You Recently Bid On eBay

eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address. Use the Buy It Now button below to buy this item.

Second Chance Offer from stevenm4718
Item: The Sony Ericsson W900i (9100476502)
This message was sent after the listing closed.
stevenm4718 is the seller.
Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid for £221.00 on 04-Feb-06 15:30:17 GMT is now available for purchase:
The Sony Ericsson W900i (9100476502)
The Sony Ericsson W900i
Your Price : £221.00
Offer end date : 05-Feb-06 16:10:02 GMT
Second Chance Offer
The seller, stevenm4718 is making this Second Chance Offer because the high bidder was either unable to complete the transaction or the seller has a duplicate item for sale.

The selling of this item through Second Chance Offer is in compliance with eBay policy; you will be able to exchange feedback with the seller and will be eligible for all eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection.
Act Now - This Offer Ends Soon
To take advantage of this opportunity, please act quickly. This offer ends on 05-Feb-06 16:10:02 GMT.

It says that ebay send this message.
Now going to e-mail him to see what he says.

DiG

DiG

Associate
Log into your account and findout, ask the seller why the first buyer dropped out, use your head and you will be fine :)

Associate
I've used the second chance offer a couple of times when the highest bidder was a new account created that day and asked for the item to be delivered to Nigeria (despite the auction clearly stating UK delivery only).

DiG

DiG

Associate
Grab a bargin, take the normal precautions and you will be covered if it goes wrong, I don't know why people are so scared of scammers, there idiots most of the time

Soldato
The Seller has Private feedback, possibly suggesting he's bought a lot of low value items and wanted to cover it up perhaps?

Personally unless it's the deal of the century and you're fully covered by PayPal I'd decline the offer.

Soldato
Gatsby said:
I've used the second chance offer a couple of times when the highest bidder was a new account created that day and asked for the item to be delivered to Nigeria (despite the auction clearly stating UK delivery only).

Exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, I just gave the next highest bidder 3 days to see if they still wanted the phone, which they did.

Soldato
Zildjian said:
Ask the seller to put it back on ebay as a 'buy it now' so you can buy it, but still be covered with ebay.

Second Chance Offers are covered by eBay.

Don't click any links in the email - go to the website directly. If your 'My eBay' page shows the second chance offer, I can't see any reason not to accept it.

Back
Top Bottom