EBC redstuff pads

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Anyone got or used EBC Redstuff pads on the road, are they any good or are they really a track only pad?

Ev0 said:
Anyone got or used EBC Redstuff pads on the road, are they any good or are they really a track only pad?

HI there

For the road yellow stuff is your best bet. Still good initial bite from code but when heated up performance great and won't fade on track, even after several hard laps.

Red stuff are ideally for track only, they need heat before they will stop you well, but saying that if your cautious from cold they will probably be fine on the road just take it easy during the first few minutes of driving.

Yellow stuff over Greenstuff then (the latest version as I think the old ones weren't supposed to be great?)?

I used them on my old scooby with AP 6 pot calipers and 330mm disks, they had no feel when cold and didnt inspire a lot of confidence when hot.

I much prefered the Pagid RS421 pad, it was awesome. This was all on the road, no track stuff done with them.

I havent tried the red ceramics, heard good things about them though.

What's your intended use?

Ev0 said:
Yellow stuff over Greenstuff then (the latest version as I think the old ones weren't supposed to be great?)?

I put yellow stuff on the BMW. On the road the car stops fine, but after a lap on the track they stopped real good and I never had any fade at all and I really was braking a lot and they lasted the day and I see no issues with them now. :)

Gibbo said:
I put yellow stuff on the BMW. On the road the car stops fine, but after a lap on the track they stopped real good and I never had any fade at all and I really was braking a lot and they lasted the day and I see no issues with them now. :)

Nice, will have to look into those :)

The pagids are awesome pads, with the price to match :)

Mostly will be for road use but probably a track day or two as well.

I used Reds on my S13. From cold, not quite as a good as standard pads. Get them warmed up (easy to do) and they were awesome. Can't say I'd recommend them with a light car, but with something a bit heavier and more poke, recommended.

I have redstuffs on my celica, there a lot better than the stock pads when cold, and great when hot, and i havent managed to make them to fade at all yet, stock pads faded almost instantly... I'm getting truly mammoth amounts of brake dust though.

Yeah got a feeling they are a little too "heavy weight" for my car so think I'll try greens first.

Pagid blues would be loverly, £100 more than the greens though so will try the cheaper ones first.

On my Rover they were crap from cold due to the massive disks (310x32mm wilwoods) taking a while to heat up.

In the S2000 they are better from cold, still not amazing until warmed up where they really to bite and feel great.

Neither setups had any problems on the track, zero fade.

Only problem I have is like yesterday, hooning about at lunchtime with a mate from work and some duffer pulled out. When your brakes are cold and that situation arises you do lack a bit of braking.

Looks like only reds and greens available for the Clio lol.

Not due to be changed anytime soon (pads last changed october) but am just thinking ahead.

Wonder if the other half will notice the 1 infront of the price if I bought the Pagid Blues :) 150-ish squid

The Pagids did last longer than the EBCs on mine if that helps you justify them ;)

Have you thought of using Ferodo DS2500 Pads?

L1J said:
Have you thought of using Ferodo DS2500 Pads?

Yup they are the other pad in the running. Had initially heard stories of them squealing like a piggy, but have since heard from a lot of people that they aren't that bad.

Also a pad that doesn't cake my already filthy wheels in even more dust is a bonus :)

I've used DS2500s on an Astra GTE 16V, they were very good didn't fade once on the road with VERY hard use. Cant remember them squealing.

Ev0 said:
Looks like only reds and greens available for the Clio lol.

Not due to be changed anytime soon (pads last changed october) but am just thinking ahead.

Wonder if the other half will notice the 1 infront of the price if I bought the Pagid Blues :) 150-ish squid

You might want to check out Pagid RS421's instead of the blues, especially for the road.

Yer, as Gibbo said. Red Stuff can be a tad brown trouser for normal day to day driving especailly from cold. Yellow stuff seems to be the way forward at the mo.

I remember getting in a Rally Spec 205 with RS pads on, I was the first run of the day. Man did I poo my pants at the first left hander!

Back
Top Bottom