Edifier S350DB - High pitch noise on all outputs with an exception.

Soldato
OP
It's really impressive how they sound, even without cracking up the volume. The bass is good, but without distortion or mudding everything else.
Very solid speakers.
Movies and games here, S350DB where miles better than previous 5.1 Onkyo HT or Sony soundbar.
I've found myself not having to adjust the volume much at all, i leave windows volume at 50 which is also controlled by the G6 and i can change the volume via the knob on the speaker if need be.

Playing mass effect last night and the cinematic parts, explosions, warp etc are nice and loud where as the dialogue scenes are at a nice level. Sounds awesome, the explosions sometimes make me jump lol.

Associate
Hello!

i want to buy the 351db but i fear to get this noise from the speakers... because i had the same issue with TRUST speakers...

Have you tried the 360 without the G6 ?

I really dont know if i have to take the 351 or not... you said in optical 44.1 hz there is no problem? but the sound is it still great? :)

Associate
Hello!

i want to buy the 351db but i fear to get this noise from the speakers... because i had the same issue with TRUST speakers...

I really dont know if i have to take the 351 or not... you said in optical 44.1 hz there is no problem? but the sound is it still great?

Associate
I've found myself not having to adjust the volume much at all, i leave windows volume at 50 which is also controlled by the G6 and i can change the volume via the knob on the speaker if need be.

Playing mass effect last night and the cinematic parts, explosions, warp etc are nice and loud where as the dialogue scenes are at a nice level. Sounds awesome, the explosions sometimes make me jump lol.

Hello!

I really dont know if i have to take the 351 or not... you said in optical 44.1 hz there is no problem? but the sound is it still great?

Soldato
OP
Hello!

360DB with and without G6 has no issues, it works perfectly fine and no high pitch noise.

I'm not sure about the 351DB but from what i can tell the 351DB is the same as the 350DB but the 351 signifies it being the black version of the Wood effect 350 model. A quick google shows some people having the same issue with the high pitch squeal.

If you have the budget i would opt for the 360DB.

Yes in optical mode on the 350db at 44.1hz had no issues but everything else produced the same high pitch noise.

Associate
360DB with and without G6 has no issues, it works perfectly fine and no high pitch noise.

I'm not sure about the 351DB but from what i can tell the 351DB is the same as the 350DB but the 351 signifies it being the black version of the Wood effect 350 model. A quick google shows some people having the same issue with the high pitch squeal.

If you have the budget i would opt for the 360DB.

Yes in optical mode on the 350db at 44.1hz had no issues but everything else produced the same high pitch noise.

Thanks! i will get the S360DB :)

I watched other EDIFIER product, all are well rated but the prices are so different...

And, how did you place the subwoofer? i want to place it in the corner of my PC room to hear the bass well.

Soldato
OP
Thanks! i will get the S360DB :)

I watched other EDIFIER product, all are well rated but the prices are so different...

And, how did you place the subwoofer? i want to place it in the corner of my PC room to hear the bass well.
I placed the subwoofer directly under my desk so its pretty ideal.

Associate
I placed the subwoofer directly under my desk so its pretty ideal.

I had 2 subwoofer and i felt bass so much better if i was 1 meter from the subwoofer.

When i put it under my desk, i don't feel the same basses, there is a big difference, you should try it ?

Soldato
Jay85 & Erwan, would you like a tip to make your sub woofer sound better?

If you place it on wooden platform, I've used the bottom section of some dismantled Ikea draws before. Then take some bubble wrap and place this between wooden platform and subwoofer. Alternately people make dedicated bass platforms, however what I suggest is free providing you can reuse things from your house.

Do the above and you have tighter more controlled bass.

Associate
Jay85 & Erwan, would you like a tip to make your sub woofer sound better?

If you place it on wooden platform, I've used the bottom section of some dismantled Ikea draws before. Then take some bubble wrap and place this between wooden platform and subwoofer. Alternately people make dedicated bass platforms, however what I suggest is free providing you can reuse things from your house.

Do the above and you have tighter more controlled bass.

Hello :) have you got a photo of yours?

what do you think about placing the sub in a corner? i really fell more bass when i am +/- 1m near the sub .

If under my desk, i hear less bass.

Soldato
Hello :) have you got a photo of yours?

what do you think about placing the sub in a corner? i really fell more bass when i am +/- 1m near the sub .

If under my desk, i hear less bass.

Sorry I don't have a picture as I'm not using a Sub any more. Basically if you can imagine a flat piece of wood, ideally with casters to lift it, then some isolation foam between the wood and the sub.

Regarding sub position, position it where it sounds best. Ideally you want a sub to be 'invisible' so when your playing music all sound appears to be from left and right speakers, you only realise the sub is on when it's switched off completely.

Re the sub under your desk, have you tried moving it forward (but still under your desk). It's amazing that just moving a sub just a few inches can effect how well it works under a desk.

This video explains well how a sub woofer platform benefits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVEfZtEIHpk

Associate
Sorry I don't have a picture as I'm not using a Sub any more. Basically if you can imagine a flat piece of wood, ideally with casters to lift it, then some isolation foam between the wood and the sub.

Regarding sub position, position it where it sounds best. Ideally you want a sub to be 'invisible' so when your playing music all sound appears to be from left and right speakers, you only realise the sub is on when it's switched off completely.

Re the sub under your desk, have you tried moving it forward (but still under your desk). It's amazing that just moving a sub just a few inches can effect how well it works under a desk.

Ok thx! i will watch.

I dont know if i will hide the sub ^^ i will test.

So its not important to put de bass at MAX? because if we hear where is the sub...

I will try to put the the behind me :)

Associate

i hear more bass if im 1 m from the speakers and sub under the desk so in the axe of the speakers...

Soldato
Ok thx! i will watch.

I dont know if i will hide the sub ^^ i will test.

So its not important to put de bass at MAX? because if we hear where is the sub...

I will try to put the the behind me :)

After you have setup your left and right speakers.

Listen to some music, then slowly adjust the sub lower.

When the sound appears to be coming from left and right speakers only, this is level sub should be, or at least how I ran mine.

Associate
After you have setup your left and right speakers.

Listen to some music, then slowly adjust the sub lower.

When the sound appears to be coming from left and right speakers only, this is level sub should be, or at least how I ran mine.

Ok thx!
But if want to UP the bass (in game for exemple) the setup will change :( and i will Hear the sub...)

Soldato
Ok thx!
But if want to UP the bass (in game for exemple) the setup will change :( and i will Hear the sub...)

You can have the sub setup however you like, it's your audio setup.

I only really posted to say, if you build a subwoofer platform, you will get better sound.

Back
Top Bottom