Edinburgh zoo

Permabanned
Any good ?

I went when I was a kid and loved it but that was more than 2 decades ago, I'm guessing it's changed since then

Went around 3 years ago, we really really enjoyed it.

Awesome place.

There is a mid day penguin walk where they walk around a small part of the zoo.

Also when we were there, they had a vulture loose.

Only thing i found hard, was understand some people with the THICK Scottish accent.

Associate
There's no need to take the taxi from Haymarket to the zoo. Come out the main train station entrance and take the bus from the pavement. Ask the driver if he passes the zoo if you aren't sure. He might even call out the stop if you ask him.

The bus is, I think, £3 for an all day ticket and £1.20 for a single. I don't take the peasant transport very often anymore ;)

Associate
If you're driving up from Cumbria then take the M80 instead of M8 and head to Blairdrummond Safari Park. The drive-through enclosures are pretty pants, but the falconry, sea lion show, chimp island, baby rhino, tigers, petting zoo etc are all good. I'd choose Blairdrummond before Edinburgh Zoo any day.

Tigers and rhino were unavailable when I last went.

Chimp island was a bit of a let down but the lions roaring was fairly awesome. They produce a deep bass rumble that you almost didn't notice from a distance.

Suspended
There's no need to take the taxi from Haymarket to the zoo. Come out the main train station entrance and take the bus from the pavement. Ask the driver if he passes the zoo if you aren't sure. He might even call out the stop if you ask him.

The bus is, I think, £3 for an all day ticket and £1.20 for a single. I don't take the peasant transport very often anymore ;)

We got the bus, was dead easy. Got on and off at Princes Street ;)

Soldato
OP
Went today, was pretty good although some macaques had escaped so some places were shut off so the keepers could recapture them

The penguin parade was fun and the polar bear was pretty cool
I found the monkeys the most fun to watch , amazing how even the really small ones can jump and swing like they do, the nephews found them hilarious :)
There was a tiny monkey, probably no bigger than my hand (I forget the species though) very cute
The chimps were having a bit of a quarrel , lots of noise and jumping about lol

Back
Top Bottom