Einstein@home News Q1 2011

Associate
After sleeping ALL day yesterday I didn't get anything done.....

Might attempt doing the wiring of the UV lights at some point today - as long as I can get rid of this headache. Then I shall bung up some snaps.

I'm happy at my first attempt at water cooling - no leaks :D

Associate
Quick Snaps:

screenshotuok.jpg

dscf0456e.jpg

Associate
Yeah, still gotta do the wiring for the LED's & Fans - need to get rid of this headache first :(

Am liking the temp's tho....

Were around 80c with the H70 maxing out at 95c when I tried to run Einstein...but as you can see from the screenshot the temps seem to have settled around 60/62c with a high of 69c

:)

Soldato
OP
Team stats speak for themselves....

27th January
Recent average credit RAC (according to Einstein@Home) 51,554

Today
Recent average credit RAC (according to Einstein@Home) 203,800 :eek:

Nice one Team :cool:

Nobody noticed the typo in the news post, for RAC it says Milkyway@home, sorry :o

I use the same templates for Einstein and Milky, the figures are correct though.

I think its time for a photo update Loudbob :)

Soldato
OP
Way to go Ba :D

The averages tumbled a bit because the servers ran out of work and boinc manager tends to back off for upto 24 hours
so if you dont check it and force a request through its a day lost crunching, well at least this is my experience.

News - Einstein@home users do it again

Einstein@Home Discovers New Binary Radio Pulsar
A new preprint reports the second Einstein@Home discovery, of a radio pulsar orbiting a white dwarf star once every 9.4 hours.
The pulsar, called J1952+2630, is spinning on its axis 48 times per second. It was discovered in data collected at Arecibo
Observatory in 2005 by the PALFA Collaboration. The white-dwarf companion star is unusually massive, and weighs at least
95% as much as our sun. This means that J1952+2630 probably belongs to a rare class of intermediate-mass binary pulsars (five were previously known).

The "discovery plots" can be seen near the top of the Einstein@Home (re)detection page.

Congratulations to the two Einstein@Home participants whose computers found J1952+2630 with the highest significance:

Dr. Vitaliy V. Shiryaev (Moscow, Russia)

Stacey Eastham (Darwen, UK)!

And a big "thank you" to all Einstein@Home volunteers, whose continuing support makes these exciting discoveries possible.

Bruce Allen
Director, Einstein@Home 1 Mar 2011 1:10:47 UTC

Its great when this happens, one of the guys live 5 minutes away from me :)

http://www.vadvert.co.uk/science/10205-nvidia-gpu-plays-instrumental-role-in-discovery-of-new-pulsar.html

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=pcs-find-pulsars

Last edited:
Soldato
Crikey, popped back for a bit of a nosy and look at all this E@H activity. :)

Been doing 100% SIMAP since back before Christmas but the most recent batch of metagenomes stuff is about to run out so I should be able to add another 1K or so to the RAC in a week or so.

Associate
Just worked out how much data im pulling down for Einstein and its around 2GB a day:eek:

Ive got 120GB a month max (pay thru the nose if i go over), so einstein takes half of it:eek::eek:

Then add in seti , Milkyway and Folding its no wonder ive already done 180GB this month:(

Soldato
OP
On the plus side your gpu's last longer, which is sort of why mine are on it :D

Right, as you have dragged this post from the aybss and my shame is now running at 110% you have forced my hand.
The Q4 Edition will be out this weekend.

Associate
Lol excellent.
Just tried some folding on the other thread and it was crunching away at 100%!
Decided to swap back to Einstein instead.
Now how do you load 2 WUs? can't see any options for it. Or is it a matter of loading 2 boinc managers?

Associate
On the plus side your gpu's last longer, which is sort of why mine are on it :D

Right, as you have dragged this post from the aybss and my shame is now running at 110% you have forced my hand.
The Q4 Edition will be out this weekend.

:confused:
;)

Back
Top Bottom