Pumps are pretty reliable but not immune
To failure
Certainly room in the primo
I had 2 of the ek pump combo in my primo

Actually got a quantum kinetic pump/res for sale in MM
I liked those but switched to a distro now

Edit
And that corsair price is shocking
I want to try keep noise to a minimum. I think 1 pump combo esp with 1500lh will be enough (almost twice as powerful as the corsair for roughly the same cost). The reason I thought to put a 120mm there at the back as thats normally where Id have a case fan, might as well add a 120 rad there, I'll see how the costs are and if too much I can always remove it. The corsair costs, now that I've been googling around, are laughable.

Soldato
Sometimes it's not a this is right that's wrong
Just personal preference or opinion
I think 1200mm of rad adding 120mm won't make a difference
I would rather have a 120mm fan at rear
For some airflow that's not going through a radiator

Same with 2 pumps
It's not 1 won't have enough flow
It's the pc downtime if the pump fails

Talking of which
Did we mention a flowmeter in component list ?

Mobster
Soldato
OP
Sometimes it's not a this is right that's wrong
Just personal preference or opinion
I think 1200mm of rad adding 120mm won't make a difference
I would rather have a 120mm fan at rear
For some airflow that's not going through a radiator

Same with 2 pumps
It's not 1 won't have enough flow
It's the pc downtime if the pump fails

Talking of which
Did we mention a flowmeter in component list ?
Temp sensor was mentioned, unless I've missed it, dont think flowmeter was listed, I'll add it to my ever expending list hehe. Skipping the 120mm rad may actually not be a bad idea and converting it to air only could save me a fair bit, thats £80-£100 on rad and fittings saved if I do that.

Associate
I would personally agree with ditching the 120 exhaust at the rear. I think you'll get a lot more value out of just using it to shift the hot air out of the case and having 2 of your 3 rads as intake. That much rad area is absolute overkill anyway.

Also, if you want to save a pretty significant amount of cash given how many fans you're using (and you don't desperately want *all* the RGB) then you could probably swap over to some non-RGB fans that cost less than £30 a pop.

Mobster
Soldato
OP
I would personally agree with ditching the 120 exhaust at the rear. I think you'll get a lot more value out of just using it to shift the hot air out of the case and having 2 of your 3 rads as intake. That much rad area is absolute overkill anyway.

Also, if you want to save a pretty significant amount of cash given how many fans you're using (and you don't desperately want *all* the RGB) then you could probably swap over to some non-RGB fans that cost less than £30 a pop.
Done. I'm happy to ditch the rear exhaust. My intakes would be bottom and front with the top exhausting, and of course the back now. I used to think the RGB is really cringe but I do like them a little more now. If I wasnt getting the LL120's I'd certainly go for the ML120's. I'll see what the costs are as the fans will probably be one of the last things I buy.

I'm hoping Watercool announce the Heatkiller V Pro block for the suprim/trio 4090 soon so that it matches the cpu block. Thats kinda what I'm waiting for.

Associate
Done. I'm happy to ditch the rear exhaust. My intakes would be bottom and front with the top exhausting, and of course the back now. I used to think the RGB is really cringe but I do like them a little more now. If I wasnt getting the LL120's I'd certainly go for the ML120's. I'll see what the costs are as the fans will probably be one of the last things I buy.

I'm hoping Watercool announce the Heatkiller V Pro block for the suprim/trio 4090 soon so that it matches the cpu block. Thats kinda what I'm waiting for.

corsair fans are just loud. wouldn't bother with those.

Back
Top Bottom