EK-MLC Phoenix

Associate
The new EK-MLC or Modular Liquid Cooling lineup is bringing the anticipated pump radiator combo as a separate unit. Users will be able to select what kind of water block they want to connect to the radiator combo without draining, filling or spilling a single drop of liquid! All parts of the EK-MLC Phoneix family of products are pre-filled, making them easy to install and are maintenance free. The offer consists of three core modular units: radiator pump combo, unmatched selection of Full Cover GPU water blocks, and CPU water blocks. Buyers will be able to optimize their loop, either with only GPU cooling, only CPU cooling, or both at the same time; GPU and CPU in a single loop. This means that EK is offering superior GPU All-In-One liquid cooling solutions, something that majority of high-end users are in need of.

https://www.ekwb.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/mlc-rad.jpg
Radiator core module
The EK-MLC Phoenix Radiator Core Module is a pre-filled radiator-pump combo unit. It features high-fin density EK-CoolStream radiator, high-static pressure EK-Vardar EVO fans, and high-quality custom liquid cooling grade SPC water pump. It sets the foundation for efficient and silent PC cooling. The radiator core module is available in many sizes, where the size and number of the fans is the factor of your choice.

This Radiator Core Module provides extreme cooling performance and exceptional build quality. An integrated Fan splitter hub reduces cable clutter and keeps the unit aesthetically clean. The pump and fans plug into the unit itself with only one PWM cable going to the CPU Fan socket and 0a single SATA Molex cable powers the complete unit. All-around PWM control provides minimal noise profile and performance on demand with the utilization of top-tier EK-Vardar EVO high-static pressure fan and market-proven EK-SCP liquid cooling pump.

The included EK-Vardar EVO fans feature a unique Start-Stop function which ensures the user with a true 0db noise environment.

CPU cooling module
Pre-filled and pre-assembled CPU cooling module water block based on EK-Supremacy series of CPU water blocks. It comes with an error-preventing mounting mechanism which results in a perfect installation and unparalleled cooling performance. Low hydraulic restriction allows this product to work flawlessly with all EK-MLC Phoenix radiator core modules. The CPU cooling module is available in two versions:

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
£460 for a full loop. might cost you £100 more for fully custom parts. if they made it more customisable it might actually sell. clear tubing for a start.

Soldato
Reliability is going to make or break this for sure. The 2-year warranty isn't exactly confidence inspiring though!

As to the price, yes it's a lot, but if it IS reliable and delivers on performance (and noise levels), I think that's acceptable. It's custom loop money, but some people just don't have the confidence (or time) to go that route, so if it offers comparable performance then great. But we'll have to wait for reviews before we know that.

The fact that very few AIOs offer GPU cooling does put this in a class of its own. The GPU invariably ends up the noisiest component in a build (under load) even with a CPU on air, never-mind water, so it's good to have an option here, even if it does cost a pretty penny. But it CANNOT leak! Any issues and EK are done in the world of AIOs, no one is ever going to trust them again. I'm hoping the high price signifies the time and investment they've put in to getting it right... we shall see...

Last edited:
Soldato
The new Alphacool Eisbear Extreme looks much better than the first version, i think it might be decent compared to this EK cooler and probably £100 cheaper. We will see at CES.

It's still using the same QDC's as before, so that is probably the only part that won't be as high quality as on the EK. I also think we should be able to buy these without fans, some people will replace the fan they come with immediately.

Associate
Does anyone know what the availability is like on these? I see theyre pretty new. I'm interested in going for a full CPU + 2x GPU setup with 2 or 3 rads with these but it looks from EK's site like the 1080ti-STRIX units are not yet available. If this is something coming in Q1 then i'm interested, if not i'll knock this off my list of potentials.

Back
Top Bottom