EK-MLC Phoenix

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Does anyone know what the availability is like on these? I see theyre pretty new. I'm interested in going for a full CPU + 2x GPU setup with 2 or 3 rads with these but it looks from EK's site like the 1080ti-STRIX units are not yet available. If this is something coming in Q1 then i'm interested, if not i'll knock this off my list of potentials.

If you want a strix block I would email them as it’s not that difficult for them to do one. Worth an ask :)

Associate
contacted them and they were really helpful!

So the STRIX blocks are available, but there is a S/N range that doesnt fit. A Block that fits these S/Ns will be 2-3 weeks away. So basiclly, i dont have to worry about it :)

ive also now asked them about running 2x Rads as theyre manual says not reccomended but my thinking is it should work ok with a ...CPU-RAD-GPUs-RAD... setup. seems more sensible that 2 seperate loops

Soldato
Has anyone bought one of these? Any good? Seems very little information about them. Is there a better alternative that isn't a full custom loop? I like the idea of "proper" watercooling but I'm not sure I really want the time overhead they require.

Soldato
Has anyone bought one of these? Any good? Seems very little information about them. Is there a better alternative that isn't a full custom loop? I like the idea of "proper" watercooling but I'm not sure I really want the time overhead they require.

eisbaer

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £109.85 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

alphacool also make the widest range of GPU blocks - by block and QDC kit and off you go

Associate
yes i bought one for the exact reason you're talking about. wanted to do water but wanted the simplicity of an AIO.

I have a 360 core radiator module, 1080ti strix GPU block and Intel CPU block from the Phoenix lineup. it keeps my 1080ti / delidded 5ghz 8700k @ 1.35v PERFECTLY cool (60-70degrees on 50% fan on stress testing. fans barely go above idle in normal use) and if you ignore the price i can strongly recommend it. downsides? the pipework looks ugly inside the case.

I did have the water pump start to get noisy on my core module but EK exchanged it for me with no hassle (they sent me a new one then i sent old one back) and the new one is more or less silent at 100% rpm.

ive also added a GPU backplate and 3 extra fans for push/pull both of which haven't affected the performance in any way, but it looks nicer :)

Soldato
I have used these several times in CPU block only configurations. They work great. Almost custom loop perf. Pretty quiet in and good reliability. Can recommend!!!

Cheers. Can't get a better recommendation than that. Will probably go CPU initially for AMD 7nm then expand to include GPU when Navi arrives.

Soldato
How easy are the Phoenix to mod? Could you add your own fittings/tubing without too much hassle? I recall some people doing this with the Predator with reasonable success. Looking at one of these for an ITX build but I am not a fan of the tubing/QDC.

Soldato
How easy are the Phoenix to mod? Could you add your own fittings/tubing without too much hassle? I recall some people doing this with the Predator with reasonable success. Looking at one of these for an ITX build but I am not a fan of the tubing/QDC.

From the pictures and videos I have seen is less moddable than the Predator. Someone could correct me if wrong, but seems there are no fittings to the rad nor to the CPU block to allow changes.

Predator on the other hand you can build whole custom loop around it as everything is just compatible with any standard gear.
Everything can be replaced easily even the cpu block to monoblock. Same applies to tubbing etc.
For the MLC i do not see that unfortunately. Imho try to find a rev 1.1 Predator 360. Alternative get a kit. I know that DCC pump is superb attached to the rad for space saving, but...

I have a predator 360 and I will keep it until it dies. And then mod it :p

Back
Top Bottom