EK Quantum Kinetic FLT Evolv'd

Associate
@Jay85 I have been meaning to ask you what resolution you run at on this build?

I run a 4K 144hz monitor and I noticed I get like 5c or more temp decrease at 1440p.

This is in games, as I am sure I could stress test it at a lower resolution with furmark or something and get higher temps.

Just wanted to compare my temps now to the ones you gave a while ago.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
@Jay85 I have been meaning to ask you what resolution you run at on this build?

I run a 4K 144hz monitor and I noticed I get like 5c or more temp decrease at 1440p.

This is in games, as I am sure I could stress test it at a lower resolution with furmark or something and get higher temps.

Just wanted to compare my temps now to the ones you gave a while ago.

Thanks.

1440 ultrawide 144hz. I don't think even at this resolution im letting the 3090 fully stretch its legs, where as in your case it would be.

In most games though i do see the gpu usage up there around 98% in particular cyberpunk.

How you finding the FE block so far? Really wish i had waited sometimes and got the 3090 FE instead of the AIB but im committed so don't wanna go back now lol.

Associate
1440 ultrawide 144hz. I don't think even at this resolution im letting the 3090 fully stretch its legs, where as in your case it would be.

In most games though i do see the gpu usage up there around 98% in particular cyberpunk.

How you finding the FE block so far? Really wish i had waited sometimes and got the 3090 FE instead of the AIB but im committed so don't wanna go back now lol.

I think it's definitely pushing the GPU in the games I am playing!

I don't mine, so may see higher temps if I did that.

I am actually using the Palit 3090 Gaming Pro OC. Using the reference EKWB. I think that's the same as yours, but you have a different block?

Yeah, I am just like you! I really want the new Lian Li O11D Evo case! and I want the new VRM Cooling EKWB stuff.

Something new is always out there to tempt you with PC building!

Soldato
OP
I think it's definitely pushing the GPU in the games I am playing!

I don't mine, so may see higher temps if I did that.

I am actually using the Palit 3090 Gaming Pro OC. Using the reference EKWB. I think that's the same as yours, but you have a different block?

Yeah, I am just like you! I really want the new Lian Li O11D Evo case! and I want the new VRM Cooling EKWB stuff.

Something new is always out there to tempt you with PC building!
Yeah same card different block. Think you'll invest in the active cooling solution from ekwb for yours then? Im not sure if its worth it since my temps are already around 50-60c while gaming and 76-78c mining.

Been haggling Lian li for info on the Evo case but they won't give me anything lol.

I've changed my loop again... the yellow started to fall out of suspense and its probably lodged in the radiator now... Gonna need a full rinse cycle to get it all out. It's gone from a nice bright solid yellow to Urine colour in the space of a few months :cry:.

Soldato
OP
No Fancy pants pics, finished quite late redoing the gpu loop. I've relocated the bottom rad to external now, as much as i liked the thick rad at the bottom it was too close to the cpu. Swapping the bottom rad out has enabled much needed space and allowed for easier and cleaner runs. Cleaned the gpu block out too as it had abit of debris in it, thankfully heatkiller blocks are easy to disassemble, just had to take out a whack ton of screws out. The black fascia lifts off after you remove the inlet/outlet manifold which reveals the screws underneath.

Next up is the cpu loop as the yellow has turned opaque and looks horrendous... gonna be a nightmare cleaning it all out. Sadly its only lasted a few months where as the blue is still going strong.

Awaiting on a few more fittings and i'll get the cpu block down. Gone with Corsair XF Satin black acrylic tubing this time, its lovely stuff! Matches the blocks nicely.

SpcWdc7.jpg

GWgnNDn.jpg

SKkVzag.jpg

eLK1Uif.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah same card different block. Think you'll invest in the active cooling solution from ekwb for yours then? Im not sure if its worth it since my temps are already around 50-60c while gaming and 76-78c mining.

Been haggling Lian li for info on the Evo case but they won't give me anything lol.

I've changed my loop again... the yellow started to fall out of suspense and its probably lodged in the radiator now... Gonna need a full rinse cycle to get it all out. It's gone from a nice bright solid yellow to Urine colour in the space of a few months :cry:.

Oh no! That's the problem with coloured fluids I guess! That's why I haven't bothered.

Your colour theme is absolutely amazing though, so worth it in that case I guess.

I figure, if I keep using EK Cryofuel in the same loop then it won't need too much of a flush.

You know what its like. I saw that EKWB active backplate and sighed. It looks beautiful and the pictures are making me want to add to basket, or at least pre-order!

I dno though. I am trying not to fiddle with it too much (that's what she said) If it's not broke don't fix it :cool:

That said, I said a similar thing about adding the external radiator. So, I fully expect I will change things around again before too long!

Associate
No Fancy pants pics, finished quite late redoing the gpu loop. I've relocated the bottom rad to external now, as much as i liked the think rad at the bottom it was too close to the cpu. Swapping the bottom rad out as enabled much needed space and allowed for easier and cleaner runs.

Next up is the cpu loop as the yellow as turned opaque and looks horrendous... gonna be a nightmare cleaning it all out. Sadly its only lasted a few months where as the blue is still going strong.

Awaiting on a few more fittings and i'll get the cpu block down. Gone with Corsair XF Satin black acrylic tubing this time, its lovely stuff! Matches the blocks nicely.

SpcWdc7.jpg

GWgnNDn.jpg

SKkVzag.jpg

eLK1Uif.jpg

Looking great. Excellent layout now.

I see you have little Noctua fans on the gpu. I flirted with that idea.

They look pretty decent. How did you attach them?

I fancied putting a smaller fan somewhere in the case, close to the the gpu, pointing right at it.

Soldato
OP
Oh no! That's the problem with coloured fluids I guess! That's why I haven't bothered.

Your colour theme is absolutely amazing though, so worth it in that case I guess.

I figure, if I keep using EK Cryofuel in the same loop then it won't need too much of a flush.

You know what its like. I saw that EKWB active backplate and sighed. It looks beautiful and the pictures are making me want to add to basket, or at least pre-order!

I dno though. I am trying not to fiddle with it too much (that's what she said) If it's not broke don't fix it :cool:

That said, I said a similar thing about adding the external radiator. So, I fully expect I will change things around again before too long!

It's weird though, the blue has been fine and continues to work well, no idea why the yellow has done it. Wonder if its a loop problem, might try another route and see if it helps.

From experience the best i've used is halfords distilled battery water. I literally used that for 4 years straight on my 680 sli build and when i flushed it, it was still clean and clear! No corrosion on the blocks either.

Haha im not sure whether paying what is basically another full price for a waterblock on a backplate is worth it. I would have considered a MP5works backplate, pretty much does the same thing for £60 less.

Soldato
OP
Looking great. Excellent layout now.

I see you have little Noctua fans on the gpu. I flirted with that idea.

They look pretty decent. How did you attach them?

I fancied putting a smaller fan somewhere in the case, close to the the gpu, pointing right at it.
It blows directly between the backplate and vrm chips, helps drop temps down by a further 4c.

I used double sided VHB tape lol, they are sturdy as hell. Takes abit of force to remove them cos the tape is so strong. Was supposed to be a temporary thing but its become more permanent now.

I might consider painting them black one day to match the build, wish they did redux versions of these...

Associate
It blows directly between the backplate and vrm chips, helps drop temps down by a further 4c.

I used double sided VHB tape lol, they are sturdy as hell. Takes abit of force to remove them cos the tape is so strong. Was supposed to be a temporary thing but its become more permanent now.

I might consider painting them black one day to match the build, wish they did redux versions of these...

Excellent work.

I have a few redux fans, the grey ones.

I replaced for the black Noctua industrial ones.

Associate
Forgot, I was going to ask you what your temps are currently with the new(ish) gpu hotspot monitoring software?

I read that temp is meant to be around 10-15c above gpu core temp.

As we have the same card (minus the difference in coolers.)

I'm in the 50'c core and slowly creep towards the 80's in gpu hotspot temps.

Figuring that might actually be confirmation of a less than ideal mount.

I have heard differing opinions on that monitor though. Like, perhaps it is another memory or vrm temp that is actually monitored on other cards.

Soldato
OP
Forgot, I was going to ask you what your temps are currently with the new(ish) gpu hotspot monitoring software?

I read that temp is meant to be around 10-15c above gpu core temp.

As we have the same card (minus the difference in coolers.)

I'm in the 50'c core and slowly creep towards the 80's in gpu hotspot temps.

Figuring that might actually be confirmation of a less than ideal mount.

I have heard differing opinions on that monitor though. Like, perhaps it is another memory or vrm temp that is actually monitored on other cards.

Give you a rough idea. this is during mining so the memory gets particular hotter than usual. Ambient temps on that day was around 21-22c, usually it sits around 19-20c so memory junction temps sits around 76c.

6cNf4Wk.png

Soldato
OP
Finally finished my loop on the cpu a few days ago! Need better pics but been so occupied with my Quest 2 :cry:, finding it hard to step away from it.

iBEzcX9.jpg

Associate
Finally finished my loop on the cpu a few days ago! Need better pics but been so occupied with my Quest 2 :cry:, finding it hard to step away from it.

iBEzcX9.jpg

Nice!!!

So, you went with the same colour fluid all round.

I really like the two tone, but if that blue fluid lasts well, then easier to keep both loops the same I guess.

This is one of my favorite looking builds.

I didn't realised you had two flow meters. Guess that makes sense, as you have two loops.

I am itching to change everything again, but it is a real invasive procedure. Like a doctor for a PC lol

You painted the Noctua fans.

How much effort you have gone to ha

Associate
Give you a rough idea. this is during mining so the memory gets particular hotter than usual. Ambient temps on that day was around 21-22c, usually it sits around 19-20c so memory junction temps sits around 76c.

6cNf4Wk.png

Thanks, I guess a bit difficult to tell from that.

I am pegged at pretty much 365W 100% GPU usage and getting this...

GbBZIsp.png

Associate
Oh yeah, forgot to say. I sent those Alphacool QD's back to OCUK as faulty.

They accepted that they weren't quite right. Pretty decent service as I had them well over a month.

p0sauuf.jpg

Hard to really show it but they never really lined up together when connected.

Soldato
OP
Oh yeah, forgot to say. I sent those Alphacool QD's back to OCUK as faulty.

They accepted that they weren't quite right. Pretty decent service as I had them well over a month.

p0sauuf.jpg

Hard to really show it but they never really lined up together when connected.
Ah i can see what you mean now, its off center and sags down rather than being straight.

I double checked mine when i did my rebuild again and they're dead straight, definitely defective yours. Are you gonna get another set?

Soldato
OP
Nice!!!

So, you went with the same colour fluid all round.

I really like the two tone, but if that blue fluid lasts well, then easier to keep both loops the same I guess.

This is one of my favorite looking builds.

I didn't realised you had two flow meters. Guess that makes sense, as you have two loops.

I am itching to change everything again, but it is a real invasive procedure. Like a doctor for a PC lol

You painted the Noctua fans.

How much effort you have gone to ha
I'm sticking with the blue for now until i find another combo i like. I had a green in storage but it doesn't really work with the theme. Yeah the other flow meter has always been at the front of the case haha so you don't really see it. Like it this way as my pc sits next to me on my desk.

haha, it is every time i take it apart my heart skips a beat when i switch it on... thinking if i've borked anything in the process. I've always followed a strict procedure so its worked out okay so far for me. Draining the loop is the most daunting task for me, but i've done it enough times now to find the quickest and safest method even if its a little messy :cry:.

Associate
Ah i can see what you mean now, its off center and sags down rather than being straight.

I double checked mine when i did my rebuild again and they're dead straight, definitely defective yours. Are you gonna get another set?[/QUOTE

Yeah. I will probably try another set next time I drain the loop.

It is a shame as the Alphacool ones seemed like they would be excellent quality! I guess I just got unlucky. May try a different brand next time. Any ideas on other good options?

Soldato
OP
Yeah. I will probably try another set next time I drain the loop.

It is a shame as the Alphacool ones seemed like they would be excellent quality! I guess I just got unlucky. May try a different brand next time. Any ideas on other good options?
Before buying these, i was gonna try the Koolance original versions but they're so hard to find in stock. They've had really good reviews from what i've seen.

Back
Top Bottom