EK Quantum Kinetic FLT Evolv'd

Associate
x0axIsb.jpg
IzpMsqt.jpg

@Jay85 your build is looking absolutely insane now!

Thanks for the advice you gave recently. Seems like you are definitely someone who knows their way around a custom PC!

I just got pretty much finished with this Frankenstein creation after seeing the external rad you did.

There is a lot of tubing in there now, but I think it worked out pretty good.

Just a few finishing jobs to do then we will see what she can do!

Soldato
OP
x0axIsb.jpg
IzpMsqt.jpg

@Jay85 your build is looking absolutely insane now!

Thanks for the advice you gave recently. Seems like you are definitely someone who knows their way around a custom PC!

I just got pretty much finished with this Frankenstein creation after seeing the external rad you did.

There is a lot of tubing in there now, but I think it worked out pretty good.

Just a few finishing jobs to do then we will see what she can do!

Holy crap im finally off my suspension lol!

Looks good mate, tubing can be messy but still look good! I do miss using ZMT, may have to do a ZMT build later down the line... hard line is good but such a farce to take apart when it comes to maintenance.

Are you gonna get an external rad?

Associate
Holy crap im finally off my suspension lol!

Looks good mate, tubing can be messy but still look good! I do miss using ZMT, may have to do a ZMT build later down the line... hard line is good but such a farce to take apart when it comes to maintenance.

Are you gonna get an external rad?

Why were you suspended? For putting up explicit images of excellence? Haters gonna hate bro!

The rads right there in the picture above. EKWB 420mm CE with noctua industrial fans.

I was gutted I couldn't get the QD's to work. I am pretty sure I got a bad sample. They just didn't fit together properly and I really didn't trust them at all!

Rather go to the trouble of having a difficult drain session and sort that out in the future.

I made the tubing length enough for the rad to go next to the PC but still able to move out the way to access the back panel.

I am just about able to lift it all as a complete unit on my own.

My original idea was to attach the rad to the case, but I ended up fashioning some funky legs from some hdd mounting kit I had around.

Soldato
OP
Why were you suspended? For putting up explicit images of excellence? Haters gonna hate bro!

The rads right there in the picture above. EKWB 420mm CE with noctua industrial fans.

I was gutted I couldn't get the QD's to work. I am pretty sure I got a bad sample. They just didn't fit together properly and I really didn't trust them at all!

Rather go to the trouble of having a difficult drain session and sort that out in the future.

I made the tubing length enough for the rad to go next to the PC but still able to move out the way to access the back panel.

I am just about able to lift it all as a complete unit on my own.

My original idea was to attach the rad to the case, but I ended up fashioning some funky legs from some hdd mounting kit I had around.
Nah i got suspended for breaking the rules in the wanted section. My own fault for being a numpty lol.

oh man don't know how i missed that! Must be half asleep still!

Wait what happened to your QD's? What was wrong with them?

Haha thats genius tbh! I never though of doing that! I ended up just buying a radiator stand which worked fine but doesn't give it much height off the table and more in line with the tubing exits at the back of the pc.

Associate
Yeah, it was kind of a happy accident that I ended up not being able to attach the rad to the case.

I think it looks much better, as if I had planned the legs all along!

So, as you know I wasn't 100% sure about compatibility with the QD's. I ended up sorting all that out and got all the right fittings.

When I put the alpha cool QD fittings together to test them, I realised they just weren't lining up properly at all. I mean, they would connect to each other, male and female, but the fit was totally off and at an angle.

I tried multiple times to get it to fit right, but it would never look 100% right. I did a leak test with them outside the case and didn't seem to be any problems.

I just did not trust using them, as they just looked wrong.

I could have made a mistake, but I can't see how I could get putting two connections together wrong multiple times!

So, yeah, that's how the build turned out.

I have been so busy at work that I haven't had a chance to use the PC yet. I did a leak test for 24 hours though.

Hoping to have an F1, PC related non-working weekend!

Soldato
OP
Yeah, it was kind of a happy accident that I ended up not being able to attach the rad to the case.

I think it looks much better, as if I had planned the legs all along!

So, as you know I wasn't 100% sure about compatibility with the QD's. I ended up sorting all that out and got all the right fittings.

When I put the alpha cool QD fittings together to test them, I realised they just weren't lining up properly at all. I mean, they would connect to each other, male and female, but the fit was totally off and at an angle.

I tried multiple times to get it to fit right, but it would never look 100% right. I did a leak test with them outside the case and didn't seem to be any problems.

I just did not trust using them, as they just looked wrong.

I could have made a mistake, but I can't see how I could get putting two connections together wrong multiple times!

So, yeah, that's how the build turned out.

I have been so busy at work that I haven't had a chance to use the PC yet. I did a leak test for 24 hours though.

Hoping to have an F1, PC related non-working weekend!

Have you got a pic of what it looks like connected together? Mine are dead straight, not connected at a funny angle and they clip together nicely. Quite a satisfying noise it makes when it does, just a bugger to push in.

If they're that bad, might want to consider returning them. Or speak to a rep over at alphacool who can help you out. I know of someone who might be able to help if needed, he's helped me a few times with getting bits.

Associate
Have you got a pic of what it looks like connected together? Mine are dead straight, not connected at a funny angle and they clip together nicely. Quite a satisfying noise it makes when it does, just a bugger to push in.

If they're that bad, might want to consider returning them. Or speak to a rep over at alphacool who can help you out. I know of someone who might be able to help if needed, he's helped me a few times with getting bits.

Hey, I do have a pic and it actually looks great from this angle.
That was when I actually managed to get it flush as possible.
If i took the picture from straight on, you may be able to see it is connected slightly offset.

The problem area is just right of the arrows where it says "push".

I started a case to return to OCUK but I haven't gotten around to taking a decent picture of the issue yet.

I just concentrated on finishing the build as best I could without using them first.

They are pretty costly fittings, so I am going to try and sort it out.

Thanks for that. If I have any issues with OCUK then that would be good.

FqTJrBd.jpg

Soldato
OP
Hey, I do have a pic and it actually looks great from this angle.
That was when I actually managed to get it flush as possible.
If i took the picture from straight on, you may be able to see it is connected slightly offset.

The problem area is just right of the arrows where it says "push".

I started a case to return to OCUK but I haven't gotten around to taking a decent picture of the issue yet.

I just concentrated on finishing the build as best I could without using them first.

They are pretty costly fittings, so I am going to try and sort it out.

Thanks for that. If I have any issues with OCUK then that would be good.

FqTJrBd.jpg
Ah i was gonna say, that actually looks spot on. If they lock in properly and its tight i highly doubt they will leak. When you disconnect them, do they push against each and pop off with some force?

Hard to say if its a design or a fault as i got nothing to compare with. Would love to compare these with the Koolance ones but they're hard to get right now too.

Associate
Ah i was gonna say, that actually looks spot on. If they lock in properly and its tight i highly doubt they will leak. When you disconnect them, do they push against each and pop off with some force?

Hard to say if its a design or a fault as i got nothing to compare with. Would love to compare these with the Koolance ones but they're hard to get right now too.

I was since unable to get it to connect like that image again.

I tried about 5 times and went on at an angle every time, even when I was really accurate with it.

Every time I pushed them together it clicked but looked weird at the ends.

It definitely popped off with some force like air escaping so was probably water tight.

Soldato
OP
I was since unable to get it to connect like that image again.

I tried about 5 times and went on at an angle every time, even when I was really accurate with it.

Every time I pushed them together it clicked but looked weird at the ends.

It definitely popped off with some force like air escaping so was probably water tight.
If it pops off with the same force, i reckon it should be fine. Tbf i never looked at mine at the angle you're talking about. From the top down they look fine but i never properly looked from straight on. For all i know they could be exactly the same but i have no way of verifying it now without dismantling the loop and taking the QD's off completely :(. I'm sure its nothing to worry about though, if their were defects in a batch lets say im sure we would have found it on reddit or some other forum by now.

Associate
Which screen did you use Jay85? Considering putting an AIDA64 screen inside my build but there’s a bewildering selection of small screens…

Associate
i have one of those screens but then i went on a spending spree on aliexpress and got a number of different sized screens.. now need to figure out where to incoporate in my build

waveshare 5inch LCD B Display 800x480 Resistive Touch Screen Monitor

Very nice rig so far Jay... it's impressive :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Which screen did you use Jay85? Considering putting an AIDA64 screen inside my build but there’s a bewildering selection of small screens…
It's a Waveshare 5" LCD display. All you really need for it to work is to make sure the screen has a HDMI output which you can connect to the back of your gpu and a power source through USB which i connected through the back of the motherboard. Once its all connected up, the screen should get picked up automatically in my case through nvidia control panel and set up multi monitor setup.

I've found most reviews for waveshare to be the best so went with that one, it certainly wasn't the cheapest though. Mine came with a bezel/case as well which i painted black to match my theme. I know a lot don't though so not sure how to acquire them other than 3d printing them.

Soldato
OP
i have one of those screens but then i went on a spending spree on aliexpress and got a number of different sized screens.. now need to figure out where to incoporate in my build

Very nice rig so far Jay... it's impressive :)
Best get rid of that link, ocuk don't allow competitor linking ;).

Thanks mate! Probs a little more to come but im running out of ideas haha! Still waiting on watercool to bring an active backplate out but its taking forever :(.

Associate
Best get rid of that link, ocuk don't allow competitor linking ;).

Thanks mate! Probs a little more to come but im running out of ideas haha! Still waiting on watercool to bring an active backplate out but its taking forever :(.

How about a custom enclosure for the external rads like the Caselabs Magnum, or when people used to use chillers, have a separate compartment for them.
So a aluminium box sits underneath the main rig... that way, you can point the QD downwards after the PCI slot and have the enclosure QD upwards, so they just slot in place when you sit the rig on top? I believe Lian Li had a similar variant to this but can't seem to find the pics

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/caselabs-magnum-m8/images/caselabs.jpg

Edit: Found an image
https://www.guru3d.com/miraserver/images/reviews/cooling/vapochill_ls/Untitled-2.jpg

Associate
How about a custom enclosure for the external rads like the Caselabs Magnum, or when people used to use chillers, have a separate compartment for them.
So a aluminium box sits underneath the main rig... that way, you can point the QD downwards after the PCI slot and have the enclosure QD upwards, so they just slot in place when you sit the rig on top? I believe Lian Li had a similar variant to this but can't seem to find the pics

https://www.guru3d.com/miraserver/images/reviews/cooling/vapochill_ls/Untitled-2.jpg

They look tidy.

I'd like to see my PC fit under my desk, sitting on one of those though!

Soldato
OP

I'm waiting on EK to drop their extension for their lian li o11D. Last i asked them about it, they had no ETA. It's effectively what you have there in your pics. Sits beneath the existing case, would require some drilling out of rivets i think but ive been told the existing feet can be reattached to the new extension.

I'm just hoping it's not a £100 for it... if thats the case i'll pass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom