EK Quantum Kinetic FLT Evolv'd

Soldato
Hi mate! Yes its the regular O11, i had the same issue so i created this to solve it.

I used parts from a EZDIY vertical mount and modified a Phanteks vertical mount to make this mount so i could adjust the height and allow a thick radiator to be fitted at the bottom with standard height 25mm fans.

Nice one,

Thanks for that, could I trouble you for some pics of the creation/mount if you have the time :D

Many thanks,

Soldato

cheers buddy appreciate that,

waiting on the ezdiy to arrive and some final bits from ocuk now.
Next question lol, why did you decide to go with 2 loops?

because it’s not really been done befor in the 011 or for performance?

looks great btw.

I’m going down the 011 distro plate route, yup it’s been done to death but love the look of it.

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
cheers buddy appreciate that,

waiting on the ezdiy to arrive and some final bits from ocuk now.
Next question lol, why did you decide to go with 2 loops?

because it’s not really been done befor in the 011 or for performance?

looks great btw.

I’m going down the 011 distro plate route, yup it’s been done to death but love the look of it.

Cheers.
Yeah same im waiting on ocuk for some stuff, they've got shipping delays unfortunately.

I did 2 loops for ease of maintenance, don't have to strip everything if i need to swap parts out.

also helps a lot with lowering temperatures in particular trying to cool a clocked 9900k. The separate loops helps a lot when trying to monitor temperatures.

Soldato
OP
Can I ask where you got the bracket you added to the phanteks mount?
It's from the EZDIY vertical mount, used the adjustable part from that. You'll need to hack your existing mount for it to work though if its a pci slot type. You'll see what i mean if you don't already.

Associate
It's official!

Vertical mount in the O11D is nothing special BUT, vertical mount while having a 55mm thick radiator at the bottom is! With some careful measuring, some cutting up and modding of vertical mounts i managed to get the gpu in and sat snug up against the cpu block. it slightly blocks the ram but its still accessible round the back so swapping ram out wouldn't be an issue if it ever arose.

Took this opportunity to make turquoise as well by combining EK Azure blue with EK neon green to give me the correct colour. Felt like a mad scientist in a lab with all these bottles and mixing up coolant to get the colour right.

a shoutout to OCUK and @StigBourne once again for getting the order out to me so quickly despite the busy period.

xuXIIkU.jpg

eb1srqe.jpg

EzN0rlc.jpg

3ZBzLoi.jpg

7AwpjaN.jpg
Looks stunning.

Soldato
OP
Merry Christmas all!

Few little updates that i haven't posted yet. Nothing major though as im still waiting on the watercool heatkiller block to arrive.

Added a EVGA powerlink adapter so i could reroute the dual 8pin cable. Replaced the black extension cable with the 8pin lian li strimer plus to match the 24pin as well. To finish it off i also swapped out the EK classic 90 degree fittings with their new torque fittings, looks loads better.

Oh and due to overclocking and much higher voltage needed for 5.1ghz on the new 9900k chip i've added a 40x20mm fan to the VRM heatsink for additional cooling. It's a Noctua one painted matte black as it's not really aesthetically pleasing :p

23bI81c.jpg

WMg9ZoS.jpg

50ytvll.jpg

tzRa8CF.jpg

FQbdRJF.jpg

3Z5l2mE.jpg

moo2pJa.jpg

wNt4jyG.jpg

AVSTRxP.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looks ace! :cool:
Excellent build!
Certainly does, great pictures too.
Thanks guys, fingers itching to mod but im waiting for stuff to arrive which is killing me. The sooner i can get more bits the better.

Thinking im gonna change the gpu coolant again to something else, might go back to the Azure blue again but i dunno, needs to be more cyberpunk. Also got some custom decals on the way for a dress up of the system.

Trying to find and buy stuff during this pandemic and brexit is proving quite a challenge.

Soldato
Lovely build @Jay85 some of my favourite colours those, huge Tron fan myself so going for the neon blues and purples in my next build. This my current, nothing special like but looking forward to putting something new together.

Are all your fans set to exhaust apart from the one single aerocool fan inbetween the FLT's?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Lovely build @Jay85 some of my favourite colours those, huge Tron fan myself so going for the neon blues and purples in my next build. This my current, nothing special like but looking forward to putting something new together.

Are all your fans set to exhaust apart from the one single aerocool fan inbetween the FLT's?
Thanks mate, yours look pretty neat tbf and having that gpu in a loop on its own will defo help with controlling temps.

Nah the bottom, side and rear are all intakes, only the top is exhaust. Works really well as it is and keeps majority of the dust out (surprisingly i rarely have to dust it out and i only have 1 filter at the back panel).

Soldato
OP
@Jay85 Thanks. I just been waiting on new hardware to be stocked again before I build a whole new rig. I've gone 5900x with the goodies being collected and assembled as we speak for a dual loop.

Yours is absolutely the best I've seen.
Take your time with it, plan plan, measure and remeasure or costs will start mounting up. Hopefully the stock situation will clear up abit soon, think everyone just wants to catch a break.

Back
Top Bottom