EK Quantum Kinetic FLT Evolv'd

Associate
Amazing i would never of thought it possible to have separate feeds like that. Awesome. Very green around the gills with water cooling but its something i've wanted to do forever just for the aesthetic reason alone and seeing how clean this looks is wonderful. Inspiring for sure.

Associate
Really nice build.

I've got a 011 dynamic that's away to have the old 8700k/1080ti changed out for AMD and go back to custom WC rather than AIO.

Been having a look at options and dual loop seemed to be near enough a no go until I saw this. I had planned to change to an XL case anyway due to the front D5 distro, are the gains with the XL purely on case height / depth between mobo and bottom panel?

Can you show how far out the FLT protrudes into the case beside tha rads? I'd want to run something around 45mm for rad thickness preferably with push pull but not sure if that'll interfere with the FLT's.

Soldato
OP
:cool: looks awesome, thanks for the update.
I think your last colour scheme and layout (Blue/Yellow) was better sorry
Lovely build, has a great aesthetic and very distinctive style.
Cheers guys, just waiting on the new gpu block to come so i can change out the alphacool one. I really want some cooling on the backplate as it gets seriously toasty to the point where it would burn your hand if you held on for more than a few seconds.

Amazing i would never of thought it possible to have separate feeds like that. Awesome. Very green around the gills with water cooling but its something i've wanted to do forever just for the aesthetic reason alone and seeing how clean this looks is wonderful. Inspiring for sure.
It wasn't really achievable not in the traditional sense with tube reservoirs as they're usually quite tall and chunky making it difficult to position them without either taking up too much space or interfering with other components/ restricting airflow. EK comes along and creates the FLT range which is perfect for this kind of setup, very small footprint while being able to house a DDC or a D5 pump. What makes it even better is the spacing being a 120mm form factor it will pretty much fit in any 120mm fan slot.

Really nice build.

I've got a 011 dynamic that's away to have the old 8700k/1080ti changed out for AMD and go back to custom WC rather than AIO.

Been having a look at options and dual loop seemed to be near enough a no go until I saw this. I had planned to change to an XL case anyway due to the front D5 distro, are the gains with the XL purely on case height / depth between mobo and bottom panel?

Can you show how far out the FLT protrudes into the case beside tha rads? I'd want to run something around 45mm for rad thickness preferably with push pull but not sure if that'll interfere with the FLT's.
Yes, the difference between the OG and the XL is basically slightly wider to accommodate a 120mm rear fan and allowing abit more space for a thicker radiator on the side, slightly taller to allow for thicker rad placement at the bottom. It's a tad deeper to allow for better spacing of the bottom rad as well.

In reality it isn't that much larger than the OG case if im honest, i almost went for the XL because i couldn't fit a vertical mount with a thick rad at the bottom but managed to conjure up a custom bracket to solve this issue.

If it helps the bottom rad is 55mm thick and the FLT's on the side with the fittings are close but theres still roughly a 10mm gap between the fittings on the flt and the radiator at the bottom. I'm using D5's so theres just enough space at the back of the case to still close the back panel.

If you want to go push pull, its no issue in the XL but in the OG it will not work unless you go with a slim rad and keep horizontal mount for your gpu.

Soldato
OP
Has that helped with raising the core clock? Im finding it hard to go past 2100 at the moment. Hoping a repaste and water block will allow higher clocks on this.
Massively in my instance, i have the non oc palit rtx 3090 which at the time on aircooling i only managed a +35 core which sat around 1874mhz ish average on port royal.
With watercooling and much cooler temps im able to hit +180 on the core and +600 on the memory and my averages shoot up to 1966mhz average.

In games in particular watch dogs legion and mafia 2 remastered the card will lock itself to around 2145mhz but i bring the core clock down to +120 on the core and +500 on the memory. I can go higher but temps go above 50c in which case the card will downclock itself anyway due to thermal steps thats built into the cards bios, so the sweet spot seems to be around 48c or below for anything above 2145mhz core.

Mafia 2 was the really weird one where i could bump it upto +180core and still it was stable and didn't thermal throttle back at which point the card was pretty much sat at 2195mhz core

Associate
Massively in my instance, i have the non oc palit rtx 3090 which at the time on aircooling i only managed a +35 core which sat around 1874mhz ish average on port royal.
With watercooling and much cooler temps im able to hit +180 on the core and +600 on the memory and my averages shoot up to 1966mhz average.

In games in particular watch dogs legion and mafia 2 remastered the card will lock itself to around 2145mhz but i bring the core clock down to +120 on the core and +500 on the memory. I can go higher but temps go above 50c in which case the card will downclock itself anyway due to thermal steps thats built into the cards bios, so the sweet spot seems to be around 48c or below for anything above 2145mhz core.

Mafia 2 was the really weird one where i could bump it upto +180core and still it was stable and didn't thermal throttle back at which point the card was pretty much sat at 2195mhz core

Great to hear. Maybe there is hope for my card.

Associate
Whats wrong with your card if you don't mind asking?

I’m used to water cooled cards which are much more simple to work with. I’m finding no matter I do with this card I cannot get a custom curve to work even for undervolting.
I’m thinking actually it could be the Asus 480 bios being crap. I have the 500W EVGA on the other bios setting which is a lot easier to work with, but for daily use I would prefer to stick to the Asus one.

the Asus bios for example I could set the curve to cap at 2130 for the highest voltage, but it will still jump to 2145 or 2160 at 1050v causing a hard crash.

Edit: I think cooling is the main problem. On the light DXR 3D Mark benchmark I can reach 1.1V which will do 2205mhz. I'm thinking once I'm under water, added Thermal Odyssey 12 w/mk pads, and Kryonaut extreme as well as active backplate cooling Ill be able to get much higher.

Last edited:
Associate
Whats the pink Fluid you used? I have 2 Litres of EK Cryo Fog, But thinking against using it now and going with a colour different to the RGB lighting.

Soldato
OP
Whats the pink Fluid you used? I have 2 Litres of EK Cryo Fog, But thinking against using it now and going with a colour different to the RGB lighting.
It's Mayhems UV pink with a touch of Mayhems red dye. Still got 1 litre of it sat in the cupboard which im thinking of changing back to but want a solid colour i think. Been playing with solid colours and UV added and its quite a cool effect.

Associate
Not been about for a while on this thread so just having a catchup and congrats on all the changes mate. Really liking the vert GPU solution. I have been looking at alternatives as the Coolermaster bracket I have is too near the mobo - and it gets in the way of the RAM (which is the same type as yours). Liking that solution. Did you get that additional bracket from one of the generic vert brackets on amazon? I've seen similar whilst looking online. Either way, its a nice solution and always good to come up with something yourself.

Keep up the good work. Definitely making me think I have options in the standard 11D, and that I might not need to go XL.

Associate
It's Mayhems UV pink with a touch of Mayhems red dye. Still got 1 litre of it sat in the cupboard which im thinking of changing back to but want a solid colour i think. Been playing with solid colours and UV added and its quite a cool effect.

I’m looking for a solid pink too, but for some reason there no longer seems to be one. May look into the UV pink you used.

Soldato
OP
Not been about for a while on this thread so just having a catchup and congrats on all the changes mate. Really liking the vert GPU solution. I have been looking at alternatives as the Coolermaster bracket I have is too near the mobo - and it gets in the way of the RAM (which is the same type as yours). Liking that solution. Did you get that additional bracket from one of the generic vert brackets on amazon? I've seen similar whilst looking online. Either way, its a nice solution and always good to come up with something yourself.

Keep up the good work. Definitely making me think I have options in the standard 11D, and that I might not need to go XL.
Yeah its a generic brand off amazon that i used to make this contraption, it certainly isn't the prettiest or the neatest but a lot of the bracket itself is hidden away behind the graphics card anyway. I couldn't figure out why i would need to or want to spend another £200 to upgrade the case to get vertical mount working so this seemed like a lot better solution. Saves me rebuilding the whole system as well, a lot of headache avoided lol. If you need help let me know, i can see what i can do in terms of helping with dimensions etc and what to keep and what to chop off.

I’m looking for a solid pink too, but for some reason there no longer seems to be one. May look into the UV pink you used.
i think the closest we'll get to solid pink is EK's electric purple uv reactive. I've seen a few people mention its actually more pink that purple. Best to get the concentrate stuff so you can mix up the right colour you want.

Soldato
OP
Last piece of the puzzle is getting swapped out.

Decided not to upgrade the board or get Ryzen with the lack of stock at the moment. Just want to be ready and good to go for cyberpunk 2077 + the foreseeable next year or 2 at least.

Cheapest and most efficient option is... you guessed it! The 9900k!

images

My only concern is weather my EVGA 750w GQ psu will be enough to power the rig safely and efficiently. I suspect it will be very close but still within the 80% efficiency range. At it's current config im pushing 511-540w depending on what im doing, with the extra cores and threads im gonna say its gonna be touching around the 600-650w range.

Will have to see what my watt meter says when its all put together midweek.

Soldato
OP
Delivered today and ready for installation tonight!

e347Blz.jpg

Depending on how i feel, i might redo the cpu loop so im using less angled connectors and more clean bends. See how i feel as i still need to overclock this old beast!

Soldato
OP
With the new cpu in and now pumping out close to 620-640 depending on the game, it's time for some power upgrade.. i mean just for longevity purposes. The 750w did fine and still is fine but im feeling abit more confident knowing i have the headroom so i can push the clocks some more.

Sticking with EVGA for their 10 year warranty: EVGA P2 1000w Platinum rated psu.

Never seen such a big box for a psu, thing weighs a ton as well.

aBML6A0.jpg

zEFfmVZ.jpg

8PEIm8B.jpg

AH4ei7F.jpg

Yes cable management is a sham lol, it could be worse!

Next up is waiting on ocuk to stock the aquacomputer kryographics gpu block for the 3090 with the active XCS backplate cooling.

Soldato
@Jay85 that is looking ace buddy!!

Can you tell me what GPU mount that you have used that allows space for rad and fans in the bottom position!!

Just to confirm that is a 011D right? Not the XL D

I have the 011D and the Lian Li vertical mount and haven't enough space to even mount fans now :(

Cheers

Soldato
OP
@Jay85 that is looking ace buddy!!

Can you tell me what GPU mount that you have used that allows space for rad and fans in the bottom position!!

Just to confirm that is a 011D right? Not the XL D

I have the 011D and the Lian Li vertical mount and haven't enough space to even mount fans now :(

Cheers
Hi mate! Yes its the regular O11, i had the same issue so i created this to solve it.

I used parts from a EZDIY vertical mount and modified a Phanteks vertical mount to make this mount so i could adjust the height and allow a thick radiator to be fitted at the bottom with standard height 25mm fans.

Back
Top Bottom