EKWB in trouble?

Associate
I agree he came across as genuine and believable, I don't doubt what he's saying. However, I feel like the whole situation could have been handled very differently. After watching the Kitguru video with Dan it appears like it's not as cut and dry as was originally reported in the GN video (which is what really blew this story up). My initial impression from the GN video (until the kitguru interview with Dan) was that he was some normal employee and along with many others hadn't been paid for four months. I imagine that's the impression the other circa 1 million people that watched the video had too. It appears that the truth is much greyer than that as it relates to some prior agreement on commission and him signing a new contract that agreed new terms that mean he wasn't 'not paid', as claimed. He was clearly in a senior position within the company and there doesn't appear to be any evidence presented that it was widespread either. I would argue from what Dan said in that interview, EK could have a pretty robust legal case against him and/or GN if they have that agreement documented and signed. I don't think him saying he had bought a big expensive house and having things on credit made him feel obligated to sign it did him any favours tbh. The aspects about the culture within the business, incuding racism is obviously deplorable but is not directly linked to the claim about non-payment. If EK have a documented and signed paper trail that demonstrates he was in fact not owed any money, I think things could get pretty awkward...

Might not be a popular opinion on here but that's my honest and totally independent take on the matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom