Associate
As its released this month (25th) I thought I would start a thread. I have it pre ordered on ps5 and I'm counting down the days for this.

What builds are everyone going for??

Myself I want to start with the deprived equivalent class so I have no wasted stat points but will aim for dex/faith hybrid (dex affects cast speed so I think this would synergise well).

Caporegime
Not sure on build, probably the wolf knight and strength as I tend to be a melee Souls player. Great sword all day.

Keep weight low/medium for dodging as I’m not a shield user.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve stayed away from everything related to this game until last week where I watched some footage so I don’t know about builds but I do know that I want it. Looks awesome. Hopefully we can keep this thread going so we can discuss when it drops.

Soldato
I usually pick a mage type class to get early access to spells and then start putting points in things like str and sta - end goal is to have a character who can wield armour, shield and 1 hand weapon while having good stamina and powerful spells to cast

This is what I've done in all the dark souls games, it's basically easy mode because if gives you offensive abilities for any situation where as if you go pure melee or pure spell build you can get seriously screwed over in some situations

Soldato
Haven't decided if I want it yet, is it like Skyrim for instance or Witcher?

Wait for the reviews at least then might get it.

Soldato
Haven't decided if I want it yet, is it like Skyrim for instance or Witcher?

Wait for the reviews at least then might get it.
It won’t be like either of those except for maybe in exploration. More of an open world Dark Souls with some dungeons thrown in. We don’t yet know whether it’ll be as tough as those games yet though from the footage I’ve seen some of the bosses look pretty brutal.

Soldato
It won’t be like either of those except for maybe in exploration. More of an open world Dark Souls with some dungeons thrown in. We don’t yet know whether it’ll be as tough as those games yet though from the footage I’ve seen some of the bosses look pretty brutal.
No idea what Dark Souls is like. If it's overly difficult it'll be a no for me, I prefer story and gameplay, not so much a challenge.

Soldato
No idea what Dark Souls is like. If it's overly difficult it'll be a no for me, I prefer story and gameplay, not so much a challenge.

I'd miss it then, the 'story' is convoluted in all of them and requires piecing everything together from snippets like item descriptions and making the rest up although there is a general theme.

Soldato
I'd miss it then, the 'story' is convoluted in all of them and requires piecing everything together from snippets like item descriptions and making the rest up although there is a general theme.

I am not a fan of how they feed you the lore through items and random NPC's talking nonsense. It's all a bit mumbo jumbo to me. Bad people doing bad stuff, age old dragons, everything is dead or dying and someone or some thing is behind it all. Go then hero and kill everything in your path. It's still enjoyable doing that but I don't really care about the lore behind it all. Maybe the George R R Martin collaboration in this will give us a more grounded story? Remains to be seen.

Soldato
I am not a fan of how they feed you the lore through items and random NPC's talking nonsense. It's all a bit mumbo jumbo to me. Bad people doing bad stuff, age old dragons, everything is dead or dying and someone or some thing is behind it all. Go then hero and kill everything in your path. It's still enjoyable doing that but I don't really care about the lore behind it all. Maybe the George R R Martin collaboration in this will give us a more grounded story? Remains to be seen.

I didn't care about the story in any of the ones I played although I did read up afterwards to see. Bloodborne was interesting and I missed 99% of it during play.

Caporegime
I don't think I've ever been able to follow the story in a FS game, there might be a great story there but I just can't be bothered following it it's too disjointed.

Well, I sort of followed Sekiro but only at a very high level.

I play FS games for the sweet, sweet combat :p

Soldato
Demons Souls on PS5 was my first ever Souls game, completed that but no idea how as I really struggled on some of the bosses, sweaty palms and everything

If Elden Ring is anything like that I am looking forward to it... (I think) :D

Soldato
Demons Souls on PS5 was my first ever Souls game, completed that but no idea how as I really struggled on some of the bosses, sweaty palms and everything

If Elden Ring is anything like that I am looking forward to it... (I think) :D

check out bloodbourne and the dark souls games as well :)

Caporegime
The camera is so abysmal it makes that fight easily one of the hardest in a FS game

Nothing is harder than the final Sekiro boss though. I don’t even want to say his name, shudder

Soldato
I found Demon’s Souls the right blend for me overall.

It’s challenging but not tiresome when you have limited game time like I do. Still going to buy ER given it’s a modern take on a souls game. I’m part way through DS3 but the frame rates are a real chore after Demon’s Souls. I’ve come to a giant tree boss and he is kicking my ass in his second phase. I think I need to level up some more.

It’s looking like 2022 could be a good year for new content.

Back
Top Bottom