Associate
As its released this month (25th) I thought I would start a thread. I have it pre ordered on ps5 and I'm counting down the days for this.

What builds are everyone going for??

Myself I want to start with the deprived equivalent class so I have no wasted stat points but will aim for dex/faith hybrid (dex affects cast speed so I think this would synergise well).

Associate
OP
Tonnes of new youtube clips appeared yesterday as quite a few media outlets had 6 hours of playing the full release. I won't post spoilers but fextralife, eurogamer, vatti, gamespot and a few others all posted new footage in the last 24 hours.

Associate
OP
I need to make my mind up on which class to start with Wretch, Prophet or Vagabond.

At the moment Wretch is my pick for that scrounge for everything feeling at the start. Then build towards faith with either dex or strength.

Associate
OP
I'm starting as a wretch - loincloth and a club. I will aim for a faith build, I may even stick with the club and aim to find another for powerstance testing. Hopefully I will find some faith spells early doors.

Associate
OP
I got a new Ash that takes 104fp to summon so it better be good! Got so many weapons I can't/don't use too.
Not done any MP stuff yet.

Am I missing something or can you only use the weapon skill things when using in 2h mode or do you have to have left hand free?
If you like to use a shield, there is an ash of war called "no skill" put that on your shield and then you can use the 1 handed weapon skill.

Associate
OP
I was finally able to respec today after finding faith a bit poor. I've gone full into dual weilding bleed. 2 swordsworn longswords both with the blood skill and scaling with arcane. The skill is amazing it's very low cost fp and does over 500 damage and applies bleed. With 30 mind I can go through most dungeons 1 shooting everything other than bosses.

Associate
OP
I had a tough time yesterday I found a dungeon with double lane lawnmower things and loads of death smoke gecko. After finally beating that literally 2 minutes later I found another dungeon with warping treasure chests everywhere which was totally confusing, I beat it in the end but it was more luck than judgement.

If anyone is running a faith/bleed build lookup how to get the spell swarm of flies. I randomly got it yesterday and its extremely good it causes blood loss and staggers but is very low cost fp wise for the damage it does.

Associate
OP
I decided to re-explore euclid earlier as I pretty much used the horse most of the time when I was lower level (I have already beaten the red haired boss). I had missed so much today I beat about 4 dragons, the dark creature outside the beast root man, found 2 ruins, a secret cave and a small garrison I had missed.

I'm upto level 125 so I'm going to be way overlevelled by the end. I also somehow gained the blood skill sepuko when fighting a dragon in giant land (the dragon killed something which gave me it which was kind). The skill is amazing and goes perfectly with my faith/arcane hybrid build.

Associate
OP
Some of the ashes of war are brilliant. I used the blood slash one for most of my playthrough. Seriously though experiment with them a bit Noxia, try to find one which gives bonus scaling to your build. For example I have 40 Faith and 40 arcane, so I tend to favour either lightening or bleed ashes which you can scale with those stats.

Associate
OP
For Radahn, when you first warp across do not use your horse, roll through his attacks (roll towards him). When he fires a bunch of arrows quickly get on your horse and dash as quickly as you can sideways to completely nullify his 2 ranged attacks. Use all the summons on the way to him. If you have a ranged option use it once he argos on the summons. I used dragon rot incantation from the safety of horse back. Each time a summon dies ride across and resummon them.

When he goes into his second phase run as from him as possible and try to search the sky to avoid the meteor that is him.

In the second phase if he summons meteors above his head melee him up close from behind and roll his attacks. If you stay super close the meteor orbs never fire.

If you do beat him there is a well hidden tomb close to where the sea meets the cliff. You have to ride close to it to even see it. Its a tricky little place but you get a nice reward.

Associate
OP
If I'm struggling with a boss the first thing I think is what type of damage is he doing to me. At the grace I then put on a negation talisman for that type of damage (eg physical, fire, lightning etc). I then go through my armour pieces and swap to the best negation of the particular type. If you are struggling with a second phase of a boss save your summon until that stage to help.

Associate
OP
Finally beat the fire giant. No cheese in sight.

Without a doubt one of the most annoying bosses in the game for me so far. So many one shots……..

Actually found his 2nd phase a lot easier.

I didn’t have Alexander either so I’m fairly happy to smack him down with just me and my normal ashes.

I think my takeaway is that I was less greedy with hits to make sure I always had enough stamina to run Torrent to either catch up when he rolls away or doge attacks. Oh and GTFO when he uses ground area of effect attacks!! :p
I beat him yesterday on my second character using sorcery. I used Alexander and tiche. I got quiet lucky on the run I beat him on as he stood still long enough to pop my 5 second infinite fp physics flask and use the azure laser spell to melt half his bar. In the second phase I just stayed back and use great glint soul arrow type spell to chunk him down.

Associate
OP
The blasphemous blade is good against her as the l2 knock her down, if you and your mimic summon use it she spends most of her 1st phase on the floor.

At the start of the 2nd phase don't lock onto her and run directly underneath her and as far away as possible to avoid all the damage.

Associate
OP
Currently in another run through the game with a strength build. I have a +8 Ruin Greatsword (I love this weapon its the strength equivalent of blasphemous blade) and a +21 Greatsword with bleed and lions claw. I've just got radhans armour and can wear it all minus gloves (knights glove is lighter) to keep a medium roll.

Back
Top Bottom