"Electric Pushbike" that looks like a Moped

Soldato
you would never pedal it, you know the range and would stay within it.
it's not all the worse features either. its comfier and easier. as well as more storage and secure. can easily see why people would want these.

In what way "easier" than a conventional electric bike? It's heavier, slower and just generally crappier. If this could actually keep up with traffic in urban areas it wouldn't be so bad.

Man of Honour
Until you need to peddle on it

you wouldn't, when would you ever need to peddle.
it's designed to do a few miles to a coleage, work place etc. you would never run out of range, unless you were a right plonk.

In what way "easier" than a conventional electric bike? It's heavier, slower and just generally crappier. If this could actually keep up with traffic in urban areas it wouldn't be so bad.

the fact it isn't a push bike, has a proper seat, lights, indicators, mirrors etc. it is easier and better for certain people than a push bike.

Last edited:
Soldato
These things are a great idea, but the range of 30 miles is the problem. You might as well get a normal bicycle and pedal that distance, I don't like the idea of pedaling a moped when it runs out of battery.

I suppose they are okay to use in a city for short journeys, but again why not just ride a bicycle instead?

Man of Honour
These things are a great idea, but the range of 30 miles is the problem. You might as well get a normal bicycle and pedal that distance, I don't like the idea of pedaling a moped when it runs out of battery.

I suppose they are okay to use in a city for short journeys, but again why not just ride a bicycle instead?

they aren't designed for peddling ever. they are only there for legal reason. exactly like mopeds used to be, and no one ever peddled them.

and 30miles is a long way rofl at just cycle it, how many people who even ride do 30miles a day, very few indeed.
Because some people don't want to pedal or don't want to pedal such distances. in which case these are a very cheap alternative for those that live in a city and never do anything close to 30 miles. along with other benefits like a comfy seat, proper lights, indicators etc. it's hassle free extremely cheap city transport. It's a much tidier option than an e-bike as long as you don't wont or need to peddle.

Soldato
they aren't designed for peddling ever. they are only there for legal reason. exactly like mopeds used to be, and no one ever peddled them.

and 30miles is a long way rofl at just cycle it, how many people who even ride do 30miles a day, very few indeed.
Because some people don't want to pedal or don't want to pedal such distances. in which case these are a very cheap alternative for those that live in a city and never do anything close to 30 miles. along with other benefits like a comfy seat, proper lights, indicators etc. it's hassle free extremely cheap city transport. It's a much tidier option than an e-bike as long as you don't wont or need to peddle.

Probably because I have an electric bicycle, and consider 30 miles very easy to do on it. You pedal and it assists, or can just do all the work itself but wont last as long. I'm not saying this thing is bad I would just worry about running out of battery all the time.

Man of Honour
I would just worry about running out of battery all the time.

How, it's not like you don't know your commuting distance. if you know your college is 6 miles each way, or work is 8miles each way. then these are great.
and you still seem to be missing the other point, some people don't want to pedal EVER.
nor do they want an expensive vehicle when they live in a city and never do more than a few miles every day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom