Electric shavers? Advice please.

Associate
Totally gone off the Oneblade idea on second thoughts :o Any love for Remington beard trimmers? Seems to be a lot of chat about shavers here, rather than beard trimmers...
tried durablade and find them a bit underpowered, would rather use hair clippers. i'm not manscaping tho, just lazy shaving.

Man of Honour
Totally gone off the Oneblade idea on second thoughts :o Any love for Remington beard trimmers? Seems to be a lot of chat about shavers here, rather than beard trimmers...
I've used a Remmington Barba for years, good little trimmer and sensibly priced.

Soldato
I'm jumping on to this thread as i have recently decided to man a beard and now need an trimmer to keep it in line.

I have looked at the:

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler 3-in-1 (Cheap)
Phillips OneBlade Pro (Cheap)

And loads more expensive ones.

I want something that I can maintain the length of my beard (have options if I want to make it longer too) but also be able to contour the beard lines easily.

Any recommendations?

---

Also in terms of length I'm not sure what my beard currently is in mm. I went to a barbers on Thu for the first time to get it shaped. He said he used a 1.5 on the main part and 1 on the moustache. I think he was talking about the connectors on the clipper not mm.

---

I'm thinking of buying the Philips Series 7000 12-in-1 MG7735/3.

Last edited:
Soldato
For electric shave blade lubrication, trying a change to grapeseed oil .. anyone tried alternatives ? should be a bit more natural, than mineral oil,
does not gum the blades/head up. applied with a q-tip inside/outside cutter head

48060259483_8a306d6be0_o_d.jpg

following, a bit, comments below, about pre-shave

http://www.groomingheroes.com/pre-shave-oil-recipes/
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/grapeseed-oil-preshave.536192/

Soldato
Who else has a Panasonic razer with a Lithium Ion battery, ?

Mine is an ES series and when you turn it on, has always run slightly slower, for maybe 5s, and then it goes full speed, I always assumed this is it doing an evaluation of the batterry state.

It now takes maybe 30s, so am considering buying a replacement battery from Ebay , anyone else gone down the same route ?

Associate
Philips oneblade. However, quality control of blades is non-existant - you either get a brillantone that lasts months, or a ppoor one tha lasts until you can bear gettinbg the hairs pulled off - im sure petrol ppwered epilator wouldn hurt less

Man of Honour
Soldato
For blade lube, this is all you need, it also antibacs the surfaces too so is good for the blades and for hygiene. I've used this on my series 9 for ages. As for blade replacement, blade carts should last a full year with daily use. replace when the light comes on to do so...

I used to use that, depend if your skin is ok with petroleum based products, didn't last long either - I thought it was also an alcohol based carrier, so best to make sure it's all evaporated.

Not having a cleaning station, I clean the block+foil with liquid soap once a week + brush; a spray too, doesn't rinse detritus away ....

so am considering buying a replacement battery from Ebay
am going for this option, since a 1 hour shaver dissection didn't reveal other explanations.

Soldato
Ordered replacement lithium ion battery for pansonic electric razer
https://www.shavers.co.uk/panasonic-weslv95l2508-lithium-ion-battery.html
bit finnickity to install, but returned to providing 100% power after initial startup, and seems more effective.

there do not appear to be similar replacement lion batteries for braun - if I went series >7 - really ?
I had replaced ni-cad's in older brauns.

edit: ok can get braun ones
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTHENTI...tery-Fits-Series-9-7-5-1-Shavers/392299707471

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
Has anyone tried the OneBlade QP6520? I've got the original one blade which still goes strong and allows me to have a close shave without resorting to a wet shave (they are no good for me) and it works fine enough but due to moving house the charger to that and my Phillips 9000 beard trimmer are boxed up somewhere and I just can't be bothered to dig it out. Hoping the newer OneBlade doesn't have the issue of the guard popping off mid shave giving me a nice bald patch on my chin!

Man of Honour
Can anyone recommend me an electric shaver? Looking for one to use daily as I really can't be bothered with wet shaving. Is it possible to get a decent one for around £100?

Panasonic LV65 your life will be changed forever.
I've got the LV95 but the only difference is it came with a cleaner/charging point thing so I wasted money.
I'm an old man with stubborn facial hair but if you come and rubbed my face with your hands while social distancing it would feel like a baby's bum.

Actually the LV95 is only £5 dearer - https://www.shavers.co.uk/panasonic...ZKnM9o3i6AF_68UI6nROeaFbiwX2EtCBoCfvgQAvD_BwE

Soldato
Panasonic LV65 your life will be changed forever.
I've got the LV95 but the only difference is it came with a cleaner/charging point thing so I wasted money.
I'm an old man with stubborn facial hair but if you come and rubbed my face with your hands while social distancing it would feel like a baby's bum.

Actually the LV95 is only £5 dearer - https://www.shavers.co.uk/panasonic...ZKnM9o3i6AF_68UI6nROeaFbiwX2EtCBoCfvgQAvD_BwE
I've taken the plunge and gone for the LV95. Been doing a bit of reading and using a pre-shave lotion gets mentioned quite a bit. Is there anything specific lotion I should be looking for?

Man of Honour
I've taken the plunge and gone for the LV95. Been doing a bit of reading and using a pre-shave lotion gets mentioned quite a bit. Is there anything specific lotion I should be looking for?

I just dry shave, nothing on.
I hope you are pleased with it as I am every day, honestly after every shave I always think "I can't believe how good that is".

Back
Top Bottom