electriq 39" QHD 165Hz Curved Monitor?

Associate
Just looking to buy a new monitor and atm I'm using a 42' Samsung 4K TV. This is brilliant for games minus the poor refresh rate and shocking text quality when normal day-to-day use other than that it's been brilliant to use.

I am looking for something with a much-improved refresh rate and response time, I'd ideally like to keep as much screen size as possible,

I have spotted a 39' 165Hz monitor 39CVQHD165VAFSGH

I cannot find any reviews of this so a little hesitant to go ahead and buy it, I have a budget of £450 this is £299

• Screen size: 39"
  • Resolution: 2560* 1440
  • Panel type: VA
  • Audio Output : X1 (Headphone Socket)
  • Aspect ratio: 16:9
  • Brightness: 350cd/m 2
  • Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
  • Dimensions: 1008 * 252 * 643 mm
  • 165Hz Refresh Rate

Associate
OP
Thanks, I will be buying this online so should have good return rights, I always like to see a user review on YouTube before I buy something, sad I know :D You never know how it differs from the pictures/specs.

Is an Ultrawide monitor difficult to use having always used traditional screen sizes? I may look into ultrawides.

Associate
OP
Give this thread a nudge if you went ahead and bought this, I'm kinda curious about it...

No not yet but it's at the top of my list. I will go ahead and buy it next week. If anyone is interested I'll post some pictures/mini review.

I have not found a monitor that comes close to this screen size - price. Been 165Hz it should hopefully be smooth. The only worry I have is backlight bleed I cannot find any user reviews.

Associate
OP
Quick update -

Loving this monitor, I really am. No dead pixels and little BL bleed. Playing games pretty damn good.

One thing that isnt the best is the control nipple. But its not a big deal, if adjusting settings I just use the remote instead. Oh yeah, and also its white! not black! :eek: :p

What do you think of the sharpness of text? I have not yet decided between this and the 49' 49SUWD144FSHQ

Associate
OP
Well in the end I decided to go for an ultra-wide monitor, after trying a few I picked up a 49' Samsung one, I felt the quality of the electriq was a bit too poor. Unfortantly I didnt try out the 39' @Zeebedy I hope its doing great for you :)

IMG-20210930-145011241.jpg

Associate
OP
Hows the new monitor going mate?

Just a quick update on mine..for the money im still blown-away with it. If it was a 400-500 pound monitor, it would still be worth it, I have seen a few reviews of identical ones on YT and in America, they are called "Sceptre"..and seem to be OK..anyway, time will tell :)

Hi mate, it's brilliant! The only issue I have is only down to the bonkers 5120X1440 resolution, YouTube cannot play full screen :D That's the only grip coming from a conventional 4k screen. I'm finding games and just general task enjoyable due to the extended space, I can browse Chrome and watch YouTube at same time, talk about multitasking ha!!

Glad your enjoying it mate I genuinely still cannot believe the price, it's 39" 165Hz @£295 that's mental really. If I had space I'd probably buy one. Perhaps I should have bought 2 and ran dual monitors instead :D

Associate
OP
I was there at the Huddersfield store yesterday to pickup a new monitor, returned the Samsung monitor as I found it quite difficult to use due to the size. Unfortunately all the electriq 39s were out of stock or I would have got one l.

They had a HG392PCB 38.5" WQHD 165Hz Curved Gaming Monitor for around £90 more than the electriq that looked very nice with almost the exact specs.

Decided to buy the Hannspree HG342PCB 34'' 144Hz Ultrawide only due to having a much better pixel density and saving £70 over the G34WQC which has the exact same Samsung panel lsm340yp05

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom